Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Margarito's eye falls off the second Cotto punches on it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
    the commission knows margarito's eye injury is very serious, and head trauma from shots to the head would do unpredictable things. that's why they are desperately looking for a way out, since they know it would be pretty embarassing to stop it now, even more so if arum moved it elsewhere. so probably they are going to do the exams , and clear margarito on that basis. margarito is crazy to take a fight like this, but we'll see how it goes.
    No. They are trying to get it medically examined but Arum doesn't want it to be examined.

So they are pretty much not going to give him a license until he gets the eye examined by their physicians saying whether or not he can see from it or if the eye socket is structurally sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      He's probably sparred more than 100 rounds at this point. If his eye bothered him that much his team would have cancelled the fight.
      he probably sparred with head gear.

Comment

I'll jump into the ring, grab it and sell it on ebay. Some mexican would pay dearly for it

Comment

Margarito's eye will blow out by the 4 round

if you look at the first fight cotto hit margarito at will in the face in this second fight, by the fifth round margarito's eye will look like a pizza made in chihuahua. hit just the eye, the eye all the time, cotto will hit that eye one, two, three times, in the fisrt round, with fifteen punches by the fifth round margarito shoud be on the way to the hospital. just the eye cotto, just the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by homestyle View Post
            he probably sparred with head gear.
            Your eye can still receive damage with headgear on. Ortiz gave Oscar a black eye in sparring when Oscar was training for Pacquiao, Ward got cut above the eye during sparring.

Comment

Your eye can still receive damage with headgear on. Ortiz gave Oscar a black eye in sparring when Oscar was training for Pacquiao, Ward got cut above the eye during sparring.
              I think that was Edwin Valero if i'm not mistaken

Comment

I would say he would lie about it bothering him and continue....and end up with 1 eye

Comment

Originally posted by El Mustang View Post
                  I think that was Edwin Valero if i'm not mistaken

Yes. It was Valero. He got sent home soon after because of it.

Comment

He's probably sparred more than 100 rounds at this point. If his eye bothered him that much his team would have cancelled the fight.
                    Na they wouldn't. Margo and the team can collect one last pay cheque. His eye is messed, the only test the commision should carry out is by getting a pro boxer to smash Margo's face with a 10oz glove and see the outcome of that...

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      Don't throw punches with a glass eye.

Or in Amir Khan's case, a glass chin.
                      Or a glass heart.

Last edited by wazaa.; 11-21-2011, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X