No announcement yet.

End of Net Neutrality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    Average speed internet is fine but if my competitors are using speedy internet, I would have to match them.
    Well, wouldn't you benefit from a system where you can pay more and get faster? Who's to say the rates would be astronomical. I doubt it. I do see your concerns. I hope they don't go up a lot, but maybe you won't to. I mean, the average joe doesn't need ridiculous speed and would rather pay less. So I could see that average internet prices go down for regular joe and there would be various options for businesses. And some economists have said this will make the overall internet faster. So average joe's may be like lightning and the higher priced speeds like warp speed, which I hope.

Comment

LMFAO at all the grubers here illustrating their complete ignorance of capitalism and free markets.

More competition and lower regulations is always good for smart consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        LMFAO at all the grubers here illustrating their complete ignorance of capitalism and free markets.

More competition and lower regulations is always good for smart consumers.
        It should be obvious, but some folks love their regulations with less freedoms and choices.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          Well, wouldn't you benefit from a system where you can pay more and get faster? Who's to say the rates would be astronomical. I doubt it. I do see your concerns. I hope they don't go up a lot, but maybe you won't to. I mean, the average joe doesn't need ridiculous speed and would rather pay less. So I could see that average internet prices go down for regular joe and there would be various options for businesses. And some economists have said this will make the overall internet faster. So average joe's may be like lightning and the higher priced speeds like warp speed, which I hope.
          We will see. I have a feeling the price for the regular joes will stay the same and the prices for higher speed will be greatly increased. High barriers to entry doesn't make it easier for new providers to jump into this industry.

Comment

Take a look at the NFL and NBA TV rights contracts. Why did the NBA and NFL limit their content to a few channels?
            Can you tell me?

Comment

Can you tell me?

You would think they would want their content on most available channels but they instead let the TV networks bid for the contracts. The highest bidder get the content solely on its channels. So similar things could occur with bigger companies paying for their content to be the fastest streamed and so forth.

Comment

You would think they would want their content on most available channels but they instead let the TV networks bid for the contracts. The highest bidder get the content solely on its channels. So similar things could occur with bigger companies paying for their content to be the fastest streamed and so forth.
                That's true. They do have to keep shelling out the money doe. During a tough year or like the NFL, some type of scandal or political affair, their numbers might hurt enough so a smaller man can come up.

I usually see things like the taxi cabs in New York City. A long time ago, if you could buy a car, you could start a taxi service there. It was cheap and a lot of poor people made money that way. These days, you have to pay a million dollars to start a cab company in NYC, thanks to regulations. That killed no telling how many opportunities. Uber has gotten around it, but Uber really shouldn't have been necessary.

Comment

That's true. They do have to keep shelling out the money doe. During a tough year or like the NFL, some type of scandal or political affair, their numbers might hurt enough so a smaller man can come up.

I usually see things like the taxi cabs in New York City. A long time ago, if you could buy a car, you could start a taxi service there. It was cheap and a lot of poor people made money that way. These days, you have to pay a million dollars to start a cab company in NYC, thanks to regulations. That killed no telling how many opportunities. Uber has gotten around it, but Uber really shouldn't have been necessary.
                  I know man. I agree that some regulations are bull**** like the ones that are forcing tree cutters, painters, etc.(menials jobs) to pay a fee and register with the state but hey let's watch this one play out and see what happens.

Comment

These days, you have to pay a million dollars to start a cab company in NYC, thanks to regulations. That killed no telling how many opportunities. Uber has gotten around it, but Uber really shouldn't have been necessary.
                    Regulations in liberal cities have ran off Uber and Lyft and cost the drivers their jobs.

The liberal Democrats running Austin de facto banned both companies via overbearing regulations.

It took the Republicans at the State level to outlaw the city regulations that were de facto bans to get Uber and Lyft to return to Austin.

It was a textbook example of the Democrats taking away personal choice and the Republicans giving it back.

Comment

I know man. I agree that some regulations are bull**** like the ones that are forcing tree cutters, painters, etc.(menials jobs) to pay a fee and register with the state but hey let's watch this one play out and see what happens.
                      Good deal, man. I'm good with that. I hope for the best either way...

Comment

Working...
                      X