Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Leo Santa Cruz, Abner Mares Stop Foes To Set Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Leo Santa Cruz, Abner Mares Stop Foes To Set Rematch

Santa Cruz vs. Avalos, Mares vs. Gutierrez Fight Photos Gallery - Featherweight world champions Leo Santa Cruz and Abner Mares were both victorious in their Premier Boxing Champions on FOX and FOX Deportes fights Saturday night from StubHub Center in Carson, Calif. and officially set up a world championship rematch between the two popular southern California champions in early 2018.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The fact that Haymon gave Santa Cruz and Mares 750k and 700k respectively to fight in tune ups is so moronic.

Comment

Originally posted by Thetruthiserrol View Post
      The fact that Haymon gave Santa Cruz and Mares 750k and 700k respectively to fight in tune ups is so moronic.
      Shame on him lol hating for what?

Comment

Originally posted by odogg8121 View Post
        Shame on him lol hating for what?
        Not hating. It's moronic. Wasted 1.45m dollars on a fight which did a bad gate and will probably do nad ratings on FOX.

Comment

That ESPN ...got me again ...I didn't know that the Mares/Santa Cruz show was televised. But my DVR did an auto-record.

So I'm like cool, I got it. I started the recording, I saw some random soccer game, then it hit me, it was on ESPN...ESPN...the first 50+ minutes of the recording is some soccer game that I could give two craps about.

Of course I missed half the Santa Cruz main event. Mind youu, the auto-record had an extra half hour extention, because it memorized my past settings. Whereas if ESPN weren't so careless with their boxing programming, I'd have gotten the entire show plus the Sports Center afterwards.

Being on ESPN gets more exposure, I get that. But the sport is treated like a bag of trash by the network.
          Last edited by SHO_RULEZ; 10-15-2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Not hating. It's moronic. Wasted 1.45m dollars on a fight which did a bad gate and will probably do nad ratings on FOX.
            ill bet evthing that the fighters disagree with you

Comment

Originally posted by odogg8121 View Post
              ill bet evthing that the fighters disagree with you
              Well obviously the fighters disagree, they're getting paid to fight tune ups. It's moronic from a business standpoint. PBC lost big money on that card. The stub hub center was under half full.

Comment

Well obviously the fighters disagree, they're getting paid to fight tune ups. It's moronic from a business standpoint. PBC lost big money on that card. The stub hub center was under half full.
                again fighters get robbed all the time; now that someone s making sure the fighters are getting paid (because the life of a fighter can be cut short with one punch) you think that they are being paid to much to put life on the line... i take it you have never been a fighter. lol

Comment

what a pointless rematch...

Comment

Kind of a pointless rematch imo. After the Gonzalez fight, Mares has definitely not been the same whereas Santa Cruz is still in his prime

Comment

Working...
                    X