No announcement yet.

Boxing experts judge conors technique on the heavybag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    Corrupt ref ****ing up over a fouling clown's lowblows is not equal to Kovalev being stopped.
    You idiot.... You cried robbery the first time and now cry foul the second... Look at the ****ing shots and where they land and where the ref says is legal... Kovalev got his f@ggot as beat

Comment

Man this marketing is making people believe the hype. People are even looking at his Heavybag skills now? LOL, Heavy bag doesn't mean sht. Maidana hit the heavybag like a slow amateur but he gave Floyd hell that first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
        Man this marketing is making people believe the hype. People are even looking at his Heavybag skills now? LOL, Heavy bag doesn't mean sht. Maidana hit the heavybag like a slow amateur but he gave Floyd hell that first fight.
        Maidana would knock McGregor out too

Comment

Originally posted by commonsense View Post
          His 'rep' is he's a KO artist, 90% KO rate, 13 second KO over undefeated p4p #1, his rep is he's the only fighter in UFC history to hold 2 titles, both by devastating KO over future hall of famers. His rep is he's the first and only opponent of Nate Diaz to drop him with punches, doing so at a weight class Conor's too small for.

His rep is he's never been knocked out, in a sport where the slightest error can see you put to sleep. If all that comes to your mind is 'tapout' then it indicates that your heavy emotional investment in blindly hating him has depleted your capacity to judge him fairly.
          I've seen all his fights since the Aldo fight. He shot against Diaz to get out of a fight he was getting rocked in. Outboxed in. He quit. A Tapout is a quit. Did Holly Holm Tapout against Tate? No! Why? Cus she's a legit warrior. A Boxer.

Can't wait till Mayweather gets rid of McTapout and by extension you MMA fanboys who think any of McTapouts accomplishments in MMA are special.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
            Yes, he really thinks hes going to play the range game and out counter floyd. Thats the way he always fights, and hes great at it in MMA. The difference is in MMA the guys he faces are terrible boxers who lack the most basic of fundamentals and boxing defense. He relies on a pulling counter left hand and is very successful with it.

In boxing though, that is not going to be nearly enough. Not just floyd any boxer will see all conor is trying to do is get them to walk into a left, adjust and then dismantle him. I think conor is simply under the impression he can walk in from MMA into boxing and do the same exact thing to actual boxers. He hasnt even hired a proper boxing trainer.
            I've said this for the longest time. A "boxer" like Conor won't beat Floyd. He's beating almost prehistoric and cavemen level of boxers like Eddie Alvarez, and yes, even Aldo is on a novice level of boxing. They just can't comprehend distance and range, setups, traps, etc. like an actual pro boxer.

And even just the snap on their punches just isn't the same. They can't believe how fast and how much velocity are on real boxers punches.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
              I don't understand what that uppercut is meant to be or where it's supposed to land. It's like something you would throw as a low blow or something he's bringing it from that low. It's not even travelling far enough to be a shot to the chin or anything, very strange. It's not even like it's a quick uppercut either, it's a slow and looping kinda thing. Floyd will have tagged him by the time the uppercut gets halfway to it's destination, wherever that is.
              It's supposed to be like a 45 jab to the head I think but whatever.

I thinks he's slower and far less explosive than I would have thought. Seems like most of his effectiveness in MMA comes from simply being more accurate than his poor-boxing opponent. He's slow as molasses compared to a Pac or even Canelo.

Comment

He looks in shape with good conditioning, his heavy bag would not be considered atrocious if it weren't for the fact he's facing Mayweather.

Outside of a miracle, he really doesn't stand a chance.

Comment

Conors flaw is he leaves his chin up, his bou gunnar nelson got knocked out cold using the same karate chin up stance.

He looks pretty good shape its just light work

Comment

Almost the worst bag work I've veer seen.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                      From what i see he never uses a speed bag. Never uses a double end bag at all. Its mostly just bag work and sparring.

What flaws in technique do some of you see? Im not going to lay has some flashy combos and decent speed but he always leaves his chin in the air and keeps his right hand too low when throwing the left. Seriously suspectable to a left hand counter. I even watched some breakdowns on his fights this has been on ongoing issue for years with him.
                      This kind of stuff always makes me laugh. Is the heavybag going to throw counter or something? Watch Floyd on the heavybag. Watch Manny on the heavybag. Does it look like they're worried about defense?? It's amateur hour up in here.

Comment

Working...
                      X