Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIGO WANTS High-Tech NOW! Fight SooN!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i genuinely like loma..i really do..i have a respect for him and kova that i dont have for golovkin

but i swear...the fanboys of these guys are unreal....

i believe loma will fight basically anyone, within reason, and fears nothing

but lets look at bob arums history....look at the way he wouldnt let guys like cotto and pac near floyd for years....was only willing to feed bum margarito to him....look at how rigos career has gone and how arum trashed him after he beat up donaire....

i highly doubt arum is looking to make this fight......id have a hard time picking against loma against anyone...but if anybody can beat him its rigo....and top rank dont need that

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
      you are so right. I remember quigg, frampton, st+, mares all want it to fight Rigondeaux. But I don't know why those fights never took place. Do you know why? By the way Ortiz never demanded $h1t you are making that up...
      The L.A. Times reported it. Check it out.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing...nap-story.html

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        i genuinely like loma..i really do..i have a respect for him and kova that i dont have for golovkin

but i swear...the fanboys of these guys are unreal....

i believe loma will fight basically anyone, within reason, and fears nothing

but lets look at bob arums history....look at the way he wouldnt let guys like cotto and pac near floyd for years....was only willing to feed bum margarito to him....look at how rigos career has gone and how arum trashed him after he beat up donaire....

i highly doubt arum is looking to make this fight......id have a hard time picking against loma against anyone...but if anybody can beat him its rigo....and top rank dont need that
        Bob Arum was no fool when he was promoting those 4. Cotto and Pacquiao were proven draws for Top Rank,

Floyd wasn't and neither was Margarito. But after Margarito beat Cotto a potential matchup with Floyd was very intriguing. That's when Floyd chose to leave Top Rank, for whatever reason. Arum simply practiced good business sense.

Promoters promote. Arum's been doing it better and alot longer than most.

As for Rigo vs Lomachenko, the cards are seriously stacked against the Cuban. 35 years of age is ancient by super bantamweight standards. Chances are he'd have to come up to 130 for that fight. At this stage in their careers, Loma gets the 'w' by wide decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Rovi View Post
          Yea, nope'ing 500k was stupid. Even the king of light guys Chocolatito doesn't get paid like that. He makes around 300k to 100k.
          I don't think Rigo is scared of him, Rigo eats him at breakfast. It was just a stupid move because Cuban comrades don't fall for money.
          Chocolatito got a career high $550K for his loss on the GGG-Jacobs undercard.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/17...obs-boxing-ppv

Comment

Originally posted by Finito2K View Post
            Bob Arum was no fool when he was promoting those 4. Cotto and Pacquiao were proven draws for Top Rank,

Floyd wasn't and neither was Margarito. But after Margarito beat Cotto a potential matchup with Floyd was very intriguing. That's when Floyd chose to leave Top Rank, for whatever reason. Arum simply practiced good business sense.

Promoters promote. Arum's been doing it better and alot longer than most.

As for Rigo vs Lomachenko, the cards are seriously stacked against the Cuban. 35 years of age is ancient by super bantamweight standards. Chances are he'd have to come up to 130 for that fight. At this stage in their careers, Loma gets the 'w' by wide decision.

floyd left top rank/arum before cotto and margarito fought...thats FACT

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
              Let's see if Loma responds...
              Schermafbeelding_2017_06_02_om_21_22_56
              upload photo

Comment

**** Rigo, for all his talent once he gets in the ring he's more interested in putting the crowd to sleep than his opponent.

Comment

You're right. He left in '06. My point is that Bob wasn't about to put either Cotto or Pacquiao in with Mayweather unless it was economically feasible. That came to pass after Mayweather beat DLH.

Comment

Almost forgot, Floyd did excersize a buyout from his contract with Top Rank when the Margarito bout was proposed.

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2420382

Comment

Ignore the midget he doesn't deserve the pay day.

Comment

Working...
                      X