No announcement yet.

Berto vs Ortiz is a set up for Errol Spence's next opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    I thought Spence was targeting Brook for the mando shot?
    Before he goes after Brook, his team should put him in with a lower top ten type first. He technically hasnt faced a top ten contender yet

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
      Ortiz never showed the heart to go on after getting tagged hard just ask Maidana.

The reason Spence is ranked so high is because of the way he is dispatching of his competition so easily.
      he gets bad wrap for that Maidana fight....he was hurt several times and kept trying. Maidana was going to end up hurting him, extremely bad. Taking shots from Maidana round after round isnt good for your health. the fight was a WAR

Now vs Collazo, he could have got up, but seems like he felt like he was not willing to give it all like he did versus Berto

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        Gotta give him credit for his fight with Berto....Ortiz fought like a man possessed in that fight. Wish he had that attitude everytime out
        I do give him credit for that fight with Berto who is also very chinny I might add. I think at that point boxing was all Ortiz had now he has other outlets like acting lol.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          he gets bad wrap for that Maidana fight....he was hurt several times and kept trying. Maidana was going to end up hurting him, extremely bad. Taking shots from Maidana round after round isnt good for your health. the fight was a WAR

Now vs Collazo, he could have got up, but seems like he felt like he was not willing to give it all like he did versus Berto
          He should have put Marcos away in that fight. That was his issue never mind the fact that he quit!!!! I didn't bother to watch the Collazo fight. I find watching Collazo very zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

I'm not mad at that at all

Comment

He should have put Marcos away in that fight. That was his issue never mind the fact that he quit!!!! I didn't bother to watch the Collazo fight. I find watching Collazo very zzzzzzzzzzzzz
              Collazo was actually fun to watch when he was younger...his fights with Hatton, Rivera, and Mosley.

Just because a fighter is hurt doesnt mean you'll put them away. Some fighters are more dangerous when hurt and get more focused on the task at hand.

He is a bit boring nowadays but he is in his mid 30s

Comment

I do give him credit for that fight with Berto who is also very chinny I might add. I think at that point boxing was all Ortiz had now he has other outlets like acting lol.
                I totally agree....he was like " I dont need this ****, I got money in bank!"

Comment

I get it-assuming he beats Algieiri follow that up with a bigger name for more money in a higher profile fight that might actually be easier than Algieiri and also a completely different style and skill set.

I hope after that he takes on better comp because its better for his overall long term career IMO.

Comment

Yea I could see that. Fighting a former Manny opponent next. Fight a former Floyd opponent in the near future if not next after Algieri.

I suspect Spence vs Berto is what we'll see if you are correct. Maybe Ortiz gets amped for his former FOTY opponent, but I tend to think he's hit his bank account number or shots to the head number so he's just phoning it in these days & not got the motivation & determination that he once did.

Comment

Do you know this for a fact or are you just guessing? You don't actually have to beat a top ten guy to be ranked in the top 10 if you look good enough beating some guys in the top 30 or 40. Wilder got a high ranking and a world title shot by beating weaker competition than Spence has fought. Boxrec ranks Spence 11th and Algieri 21st in the world. Spence hasn't beaten anybody that good yet but I sure like what I see of him so far. I think Spence will be the first to stop the game, rugged Algieri. Fighting the winner of Berto-Ortiz is a waste of his talents because they are no better if as good as Algieri. I think Spence can beat any welterweight and should fight a top contender after he fights Algieri if he beats Algieri as easily as I think he will.

Comment

Working...
                      X