Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the more important component in Pacquiao's team - Freddie Roach or Alex Ariza?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the more important component in Pacquiao's team - Freddie Roach or Alex Ariza?

Purely hypothetical question.. If Pacquiao was forced to fire either Freddie Roach or Alex Ariza, who would you recommend he dismisses?

The reason for the question is because I recently saw an interview with Roach saying that Pacquiao knows more about boxing than him at this stage, and he's pretty much going to let him do his own thing in this fight because previous game plans against Marquez just hadn't worked to his expectation.

So it got me wondering, who's the more important component to Pacquiao's team?
    Freddie Roach
    50.00%
    Alex Ariza
    46.67%
    Equal
    3.33%

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Purely hypothetical question.. If Pacquiao was forced to fire either Freddie Roach or Alex Ariza, who would you recommend he dismisses?

The reason for the question is because I recently saw an interview with Roach saying that Pacquiao knows more about boxing than him at this stage, and he's pretty much going to let him do his own thing in this fight because previous game plans against Marquez just hadn't worked to his expectation.

So it got me wondering, who's the more important component to Pacquiao's team?
    roach. put it this way, 6th round fight night against JMM 4 and Pac appears to be down on points, who do you want in your corner Roach or freaking Alex Ariza?

Though pac has changes since first going up to 147. Yeah he may weigh near the same as he did at 130 but hes definitely more muscular and did a good job moving up. Theres a million threads on steroids so I wont bother with that but ariza did contribute positively in terms of pac moving up, but he still isnt a replacement for a boxing coach.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
      roach. put it this way, 6th round fight night against JMM 4 and Pac appears to be down on points, who do you want in your corner Roach or freaking Alex Ariza?

Though pac has changes since first going up to 147. Yeah he may weigh near the same as he did at 130 but hes definitely more muscular and did a good job moving up. Theres a million threads on steroids so I wont bother with that but ariza did contribute positively in terms of pac moving up, but he still isnt a replacement for a boxing coach.
      I agree, although I was surprised by how little Freddie had to say during the third Marquez fight. They seemed to be totally out of ideas.

Comment

Freddie Roach, Ariza is essentially a dime a dozen. You can knock Roach all you want but you can't just replace the relationship he and Manny have and that is very important.

Comment

Sometimes you have to wonder who is in charge Ariza or Roach

Cant believe so much emphasis is put on a ****ty strength coach

Very Suspicious

Comment

I voted for Roach but Ariza does his job well. Pacquiao's right hand became a better weapon under Roach and there were other improvements.

Comment

"It's gotta be the shakes".

Comment

Freddy Roach..........

Comment

Without Ariza's blood doping regimen Pac wouldn't be half as famous as he is.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    Freddy Roach..........
                    Yeah, Freddie and Manny's relationship gives Pac more confidence and support during the fight, imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X