No announcement yet.

Let's talk Jake Lamotta

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk Jake Lamotta

Sorry can't help myself, just re-watched Raging Bull.

How do you guys rank him as an ATG MW? Or do you not consider him an ATG MW? I think some people confuse him as a brawler but he was much more than that.

In my opinion Sugar Ray Robinson was the greatest p4p boxer of all time and nobody even comes close. The fact that Lamotta has a win over him in his prime and never got knocked down in what, 7 or 8 fights makes lamotta one hell of a fighter.

One thing I think we can all agree on, they just don't make boxers the same as SRR or lamotta these days.

Ali basically admitted SRR was his idol. He tried to emulate his style his entire career.

SRR: The greatest boxer of all time
    Lamotta: one tough SOB, great boxer

Comment

pamotta is an top 100 or top 50 atg IMO

and certainly top ten atg mw

much more tan a vrawler

just watch his fight with robinson(the only one ther is tape of), he is practicaly shpt and pr weight drained but he manages t give srr the fight of his life

he had a very good jab and was relently with body punches and could roll and sli[ punches well

he was a skilled pressure fighter infighter

if he was jsut a brawler hw wouldnt have done the things he did

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
        Sorry can't help myself, just re-watched Raging Bull.

How do you guys rank him as an ATG MW? Or do you not consider him an ATG MW? I think some people confuse him as a brawler but he was much more than that.
        In my opinion Sugar Ray Robinson was the greatest p4p boxer of all time and nobody even comes close. The fact that Lamotta has a win over him in his prime and never got knocked down in what, 7 or 8 fights makes lamotta one hell of a fighter.

One thing I think we can all agree on, they just don't make boxers the same as SRR or lamotta these days.

I've seen some people say he was no better than Carlos Baldimir. But I don't take them seriously because they obviously don't know what they're talking about.

Comment

6 Robinson-LaMotta fights, no?

I love Jake.

One of my fav videos currently on the tube.

Comment

Anyone actually read Raging Bull?

Comment

Originally posted by King Kong View Post
              Anyone actually read Raging Bull?
              yes

i liked it

it a little fuked up tho

but thats life

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
                yes

i liked it

it a little fuked up tho

but thats life
                I didn't like how Scorsese projected his own Catholicism on Jake in the movie (the book reveals the young LaMotta to be completely areligious). One of many reasons why I don't like the film.

Comment

Good ol'LaMotta. IMO best chin ever, only Chuvalo contests him there. One of if not THE greatest body puncher of all time.

And Raging Bull is a great movie. Deniro did a stellar job.

Comment

Originally posted by King Kong View Post
                    I didn't like how Scorsese projected his own Catholicism on Jake in the movie (the book reveals the young LaMotta to be completely areligious). One of many reasons why I don't like the film.
                    he left out teh rape 2

Comment

Working...
                    X