Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"20b contest", 5 Unfilmed Fights, U'd see.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "20b contest", 5 Unfilmed Fights, U'd see.

Which are the top 5 unfilmed fights that you would most want to watch if you had the chance ???.. I'm not talking about watching fight films, but being there at ringside.------ I myself would like to see ZALE V GRAZIANO 1 & 2,.... Ad Wolgast vs Battling NELSON,................ Peter Jackson v Jim Corbett,....Les Darcy vs Anybody (but especially the Harold Hardwicke fight)........So lets have some of your selections and lets discuss them,,,,, there are many many unfilmed fights to choose from.

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
    Which are the top 5 unfilmed fights that you would most want to watch if you had the chance ???.. I'm not talking about watching fight films, but being there at ringside.------ I myself would like to see ZALE V GRAZIANO 1 & 2,.... Ad Wolgast vs Battling NELSON,................ Peter Jackson v Jim Corbett,....Les Darcy vs Anybody (but especially the Harold Hardwicke fight)........So lets have some of your selections and lets discuss them,,,,, there are many many unfilmed fights to choose from.
    Id like to see the Charles-Moore Trilogy
    Gans vs Nelson
    and a Les Darcy fight would be good. I dont know much about the guy.

I also want to see Greb and Langford footage too though. TOO MANY CHOICES!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
      Gans vs Nelson

There sure are a lot of great fights to choose from, I'd love to see Walker V Greb. The Gans V Nelson fight (one of them) is on film. Of the Darcy fights, only the George Chip fight is available in it's entirity, there are parts of the McGoorty, Clabby, KO Brown and Dave Smith in existence but no where near enough,.... for film and info on Darcy check this link out.... http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=497729

Comment

1. Walker vs Greb
        2. Greb vs Tunney
        3. Langford vs Ketchel
        4. Robinson vs Gavilan
        5. Hagler vs Worm Monroe I

Comment

Eddie Booker - Archie Moore
          Joe Walcott - Kid Lavigne I
          Eder Jofre - Jose Legra / Saldivar
          Ray Robinson - Kid Gavilan
          Panama Al Brown - Pete Sanstol or any of the great fights from the 20s Bantams.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            1. Walker vs Greb
            2. Greb vs Tunney
            3. Langford vs Ketchel
            4. Robinson vs Gavilan
            5. Hagler vs Worm Monroe I
            LOL,... you are full of surprises Barney...... you managed a hagler fight in there,... I'll never doubt your devotion, I mean surely there's footage of 90% of his fights,,..... but of course you won't be seeing film, but you're at ringside.for this one..... better than any film. Is that a fight Hagler lost ??

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
              Eddie Booker - Archie Moore
              Joe Walcott - Kid Lavigne I
              Eder Jofre - Jose Legra / Saldivar
              Ray Robinson - Kid Gavilan
              Panama Al Brown - Pete Sanstol or any of the great fights from the 20s Bantams.
              Very cool list,...... can I come down to see them at ringside with you ???

Comment

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
                LOL,... you are full of surprises Barney...... you managed a hagler fight in there,... I'll never doubt your devotion, I mean surely there's footage of 90% of his fights,,..... but of course you won't be seeing film, but you're at ringside.for this one..... better than any film. Is that a fight Hagler lost ??
                Yes, the only fight he truly didn't win.

He won Antufermo I, Leonard, Watts I, Sugar Ray Seales draw I'm unsure of but, I think that was contraversial.

I've heard Hagler was beat up bad in this fight though, It'd be something I'd never seen before and would be an interesting experience.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
                  Gans vs Nelson

The second Video is from our very own BARNBURNER

Comment

I'm sure Wolgast - Nelson and Gans - Nelson were filmed, our own BattlingNelson had a thread on Wolgast - Nelson and brings it up quite often about it being deleted off youtube, haven't seen it myself though.

Comment

Working...
                    X