No announcement yet.

"Boxing Funnies"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Boxing Funnies"

January's a depressing time of year in most parts of the world (especially if you're a Mayweather fan)
    So i thought id try and add a bit of cheer..

Please contribute with funny stories, jokes, sayings/phrases, quotes, poems or anicdotes to do with boxing that might raise a few laughs..

Nigel Benn calling McGuigan and Watt 'handjobs' while gesticulating his gloved right hand on live TV has to be one of my all time favs..

Another one was when Iran Barkley tried to get at him, after the ref had stopped their fight in the 1st..
    You can clearly hear Benn yelling, 'come on then my son, lets av it in the street!'

These are just 2 examples from 1 fighter, so come on lads, lets keep em rolling... Regards mm

Kostya tszyu's Ko of Zab Judah...you wanna laugh look that **** up...

Comment

Funny exchange I can remember between Joe Bugner and Hugh McAlvenney.
      Mac was berating Joe after the 2nd Ali fight saying a lot of people are disappointed with you Joe for not using much aggression and just fighting to survive.
      To which Bugner said bring on anyone i'll fight them all, bring on Jesus Christ.
      Mac replied Joe, you only want Jesus because you know he has bad hands.

Comment

interviewer to Mike Tyson... Mike what did you think when Larry Holmes came out dancing at the start of the 4th round throwing out a fast, snapping jab...Mike said, "i just thought to myself, Boy is he going to get it"

Comment

Jack Johnson to Traffic-cop who stopped him for doing 60mph on a 40mph road and gave Johnson a on the spot $50 fine...Johnson gave the Cop a $100 bill, the cop said,"i cant change that".. Johnson said"Keep the change, i will be doing the same speed on the return journey"

Comment

Roy Jones Jr. when asked if he would consider coming to Britain to fight Nigel Benn.... Jones,"i will go over and fight him in his mothers front room if he likes"...

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
              Funny exchange I can remember between Joe Bugner and Hugh McAlvenney.
              Mac was berating Joe after the 2nd Ali fight saying a lot of people are disappointed with you Joe for not using much aggression and just fighting to survive.
              To which Bugner said bring on anyone i'll fight them all, bring on Jesus Christ.
              Mac replied Joe, you only want Jesus because you know he has bad hands.
              I remember that.. Very witty man is McIlvenny, and without doubt the best boxing journalist in the UK.. Kinda reminds me of Clive James..
              Love the one about Tyson, Sonnyboy..

The one from Iron Mike that always cracks me up, was just after he'd beaten Tyrell Biggs, when he says, 'I could hear him making noises, he was kinda crying & making womanly gestures when i hit him to the body'..
              'Jeeez Man!... Not even my wife makes noises like that!'

Comment

Remember the quote of billy conn after the joe louis fight? After being KTFO by louis, the reporters asked him why he would go for a knockout when he was clearly winning the fight. Conn replied " What's the point of being an Irish, if you cant' be stupid".

Comment

Originally posted by melo4142 View Post
                  Remember the quote of billy conn after the joe louis fight? After being KTFO by louis, the reporters asked him why he would go for a knockout when he was clearly winning the fight. Conn replied " What's the point of being an Irish, if you cant' be stupid".
                  did not Billy Conn also say he got beat because "i Zigged when i shouda Zagged`

Comment

Originally posted by melo4142 View Post
                    Paddy wants to turn pro, so the trainer sends him for a medical..
                    Next day, the trainer calls him into the office and says, "I'm sorry Paddy it's bad news,
                    I'm afraid you've got Sugar Diabetes"..
                    Paddy immediately jumps for joy and replies, "That's fine by me boss, I don't give a fuk who I fight!"

Comment

Working...
                    X