No announcement yet.

Mayweather's 5 inch reach advantage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
    You're assuming he can control Floyd. BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG assumption there.
    Not assuming he can control Floyd at all. I'm assuming Floyd can't control Pacquiao. There's no way he just keeps Pac at the other end of a jab all night, it's not even how Mayweather fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
      Zab wasn't really moving to his right. He was flat footed and moving back. The problem with the way Floyd threw that straight right is if you examine it he lunges in when he throws it. This is characteristic of how he's forced to throw it against southpaws. Against orthodox fighters he doesn't need to lunge in. He throws it from a stationary position and then he either ties the opponent up or throws a left hook.

0:15 and 0:34 are some quick examples.

yes, I have noticed how he lunges when he throws that right hand. But I have noticed that he actually does that against right hand fighters as well. Look at this exchange he had with Chavez, start the vid at about the 4:57 mark and watch at about the 5:06 mark, he throws the lunging right hand.

we see him doing the same lunging right hand here against Manfreddy at about the :58 mark through about 1:03. Again at the about the 1:30 mark.

I mean, I can keep posting vids of him shooting the lunging straight right hand against Orthodox or southpaws.

Comment

I think what people are forgetting is Money's great body attack with his jabs, no amount of head movement can stop a great jab to the body and with this body jaab it will set up right hand leads as the night goes on. I think stylisticly Manny is in for a tough time. I think mayweathers body jab will slow manny down and discourage him from coming in confidantly.

Comment

Originally posted by pac oww View Post
          What's stopping Floyd from jabbing and running all night? how does pac get around that?
          its a good advantage to have, but pac can make it a negative for floyd by fighting on the inside. id say more importantly, that floyds defence will be the main factor. if pacquiao cant land regular then mayweather is going to take this fight.

Comment

Working...
          X