Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Froch 'It was a one-sided whooping by Floyd Mayweather'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Froch, just I gave Pacman 3 rounds.

Comment

Froch is right in that Mayweather nullified Pacquiao's offensive game. However, Mayweather didn't actually do that much himself, which prevented it from being a complete schooling. There were rounds in which Mayweather was clearly comfortable, but I scored to Manny for being the aggressor in a close round. Either way, I still had Mayweather winning 115-113.

Comment

When scoring it on a round by round basis, yes it was a clear win for Floyd. I gave Pacquiao 3 clear rounds and there were a few rounds in there that could have went either way or scored a draw where neither fighter did much.

As for a "whooping"? I wouldn't go that far. It was an excellent performance put on by Floyd but I cant say it was a whooping. A whooping is when you have your opponent hurt multiple times in a fight and are actually dishing out damage. Floyd/Gatti was a whooping. Floyd/Corrales was a whooping. Floyd/Pac was a mere sparring session compared to those 2 "whoopings".

Comment

I gave Pacman round 4, 6 and 10 and i was a bit generous with rounds 6 and 10.
          Last edited by Ray*; 05-06-2015, 07:43 AM. Reason: Sorry round 4 not round 3.

Comment

I gave Pac rounds 3, 4, 6, and 10.

Comment

On Froch, he's always been something of a Mayweather fan, he approved of his action against Ortiz and seemed like he was blessed to be in his company when met him.

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              I gave Pac rounds 3, 4, 6, and 10.
              I don't think he won round 3 but I gave it to him on the night, rewatching he didn't do enough imo but he got into the fight for the first time towards the end of that round.

I think Pacquiao won round 9, Floyd looked comfortable but Manny landed all the telling shots in that round.

I think Pacquiao won 4 rounds (4, 6, 9, 10) with a shout of a 5th in the 12th.

Pacquiao started too slow and finished too weak.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 05-06-2015, 07:54 AM.

Comment

I gave Manny 3 rounds, could see 4 but yh it was one-sided. A masterclass really I genuinely felt Floyd had from the very first round when he found his range.
                Did get interesting temporarily in the 3rd or 4th briefly but then that quickly died out.

I expected the result, that sort of scoreline and fight but still I feel disappointed in Manny & Roach especially. It was pathetic.

Comment

I thought it was a lot like when Carl beat George Groves in front of 80,000 people at Wembley Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                    On Froch, he's always been something of a Mayweather fan, he approved of his action against Ortiz and seemed like he was blessed to be in his company when met him.

I don't think he won 3 but I gave it to him on the night, rewatching he didn't do enough imo but he got into the fight for the first time towards the end of that round.

I think Pacquiao won round 9, Floyd looked comfortable but Manny landed all the telling shots in that round.

I think Pacquiao won 4 rounds with a shout of a 5th in the 12th.
                    I never would have thought Hatton and Maidana would give Floyd a rougher and tougher fight than Pacquiao. Though I still think Floyd was handily up against Hatton by the 10th, he still made Floyd work super hard for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      I gave Manny 3 rounds, could see 4 but yh it was one-sided. A masterclass really I genuinely felt Floyd had from the very first round when he found his range.
                      Did get interesting temporarily in the 3rd or 4th briefly but then that quickly died out.

I expected the result, that sort of scoreline and fight but still I feel disappointed in Manny & Roach especially. It was pathetic.
                      Agree. After the first 2 rounds, I was like "Damn Floyd's got this, he's making this look pretty damn easy". Pacquiao did better in the 3rd, then when he briefly staggered Floyd in the 4th, it got genuinely interesting for a minute. But Floyd adjusted quickly, and was never really again in legitimate trouble, and really had his way with his jab and counters.

Comment

Working...
                      X