No announcement yet.

did the brits boo hopkins???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorSoul View Post
    I'm starting to think UK is just as racist as the US. We have boxers here that represent not only the US, but also their country of origin. You'll see Mexican-American boxers sporting trunks with the Mexican flag colors etc.. and he is accepted as much as any other American athlete.

Khan has potential (and amazing hand speed), I believe that. Once Pac is done, I think he will become Roach's next prodigy.
    It has nothing to do with race to be honest (well certainly in my books)

Lets take Haye for example,

UK fans love him, and he's representing more than one country.

Another example is Calzaghe, who is Welsh - Loved by English people.

Comment

Originally posted by pcr405 View Post
      Arsenal are gonna rape united at the emirates. Manage to bag me a pair of tickets so i'll be there singing granny shagger and fat bastard to rooney. CLUB THEN COUNRTY
      Ye Rite u will lol, wow a granny shagger song that makes the amount of arsenal songs add up to....1...2.... ahh 2 songs! "adebayor adebayor giv him the ball...n he will score" woho ...........lool

U lot have a chance...a VERY VERY slim chance, we should of tucked u away at old trafford...anyway gna stop talkin bout football now before i go on and on and on....

P.S i went 2 FA cup thrashing last year 4-0 at old trafford...best feeling ever at a game haha

Comment

Yeah you're right. I guess Khan just isn't up to par with the Brit fan's expectations. I know he'll get better in the future though if Roach takes good care of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Doop View Post

I think it is racial, lets face it muslims arnt the most liked people out there and since muslim isnt an english religion its like he isnt emglish, i cant get across what i want to say very well. You go on some of the ****ter forums and ther're all like yh but hes a muslim. Disgusting but hay thats the world we live in.

Comment

Haye is black...calzaghe is white..... the point is English/British have a problem with Asians and i know this for a fact because i see it everyday......

Thus why i said if khan was black or white...we wouldnt have the same problem.

Comment

Wrong.

Most of us don't like him because he's an overrated, overhyped, pile of dump.
              so why so much love for Hatton then?

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
                Ye Rite u will lol, wow a granny shagger song that makes the amount of arsenal songs add up to....1...2.... ahh 2 songs! "adebayor adebayor giv him the ball...n he will score" woho ...........lool

U lot have a chance...a VERY VERY slim chance, we should of tucked u away at old trafford...anyway gna stop talkin bout football now before i go on and on and on....

P.S i went 2 FA cup thrashing last year 4-0 at old trafford...best feeling ever at a game haha
                I was at that game we outsung you all day despite getting thrashed. Goodday out.

Comment

Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
                  Haye is black...calzaghe is white..... the point is English/British have a problem with Asians and i know this for a fact because i see it everyday......

Thus why i said if khan was black or white...we wouldnt have the same problem.
                  People liked Naseem Hamed though, he was Asian.

Comment

Originally posted by pcr405 View Post
                    I think it is racial, lets face it muslims arnt the most liked people out there and since muslim isnt an english religion its like he isnt emglish, i cant get across what i want to say very well. You go on some of the ****ter forums and ther're all like yh but hes a muslim. Disgusting but hay thats the world we live in.
                    Indeed, Hamed had an ok following though, I was a fan as a kid.

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                    so why so much love for Hatton then?
                    He challenges himself by fighting the best there is, unlike certain other boxers..

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      People liked Naseem Hamed though, he was Asian.
                      that was before 9/11 and whatever else happened after that...

Comment

Working...
                      X