Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor McGregor ✔ TheNotoriousMMA

I am built to run through people.

Comment

• By far the most physically big guy Mayweather has ever encountered.

Comment

• I'm breaking down and buying this crap lol, especially I have a golf tournament in the morning so i'll have the liquid courage to pull the trigger and buy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
          By far the most physically big guy Mayweather has ever encountered.
          Also a complete novice in boxing mcnugget gets stopped in the late rounds.

Comment

• He is big, but he has a wrestler/MMA fighter's body. Mayweather at 50 yrs old would still be quicker and more fluid in the boxing ring than McGregor could ever be. His only chance is to bully and throw Mayweather into the corner post like Mr. T did to Rocky in Rocky III and kick him in the nads! Too bad this isn't Muay Thai! LOL
            Last edited by Lmcguire; 07-09-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCer View Post
              I thought you were talking Floyd, specifically. But yeah, it's not the same for any random Boxer.

I think there is more money being made in MMA than in Boxing now-a-days. But in MMA the athletes get fleeced different than they do in Boxing.

The sport of Boxing doesn't have a "UFC" like the sport of MMA does. The UFC is such a well-known brand that they hold all the cards in MMA. The fighters take it up the azz when it come to the split. No one knows exactly how much, but it's estimated that the fighters only get 15%.

So I think you're right... a random Boxer wouldn't necessarily do any better (or as well) going to MMA, in terms of money/earnings... but it also depends on who you are, what level you're at...

Heather Hardy talking about going from Boxing to MMA...

Cliffnotes: At the highest level of Boxing, MMA can not compare. But at the middle and lower levels, MMA might offer the better paydays

She got paid more in her MMA debut with Bellator, then for any Boxing match in her 20-0 career

@2:05
              @ 2:57 Hardy gets real about why she's doing anything related to MMA, there's a huge lack of opportunity in the sport of boxing for women. That's the crux of it right there, but the UFC had a star like Rhonda Rousey out front making huge paydays, and at one point overshadowing everyone, including the men. Even so, this is pretty much all you can dig up in terms of boxing crossover fighters because people with sense know that the UFC is one step away from fighting a crackhead in a parking lot for a government check.

Dana White believes a fighter should get paid what he thinks their effort is actually worth, which happens to be less than boxers are, which is why you don't hear about them clamoring to crossover. Just Sayin'...
              Last edited by Slip Stream; 07-09-2017, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCer View Post
                I thought you were talking Floyd, specifically. But yeah, it's not the same for any random Boxer.

I think there is more money being made in MMA than in Boxing now-a-days. But in MMA the athletes get fleeced different than they do in Boxing.

The sport of Boxing doesn't have a "UFC" like the sport of MMA does. The UFC is such a well-known brand that they hold all the cards in MMA. The fighters take it up the azz when it come to the split. No one knows exactly how much, but it's estimated that the fighters only get 15%.

So I think you're right... a random Boxer wouldn't necessarily do any better (or as well) going to MMA, in terms of money/earnings... but it also depends on who you are, what level you're at...

Heather Hardy talking about going from Boxing to MMA...

Cliffnotes: At the highest level of Boxing, MMA can not compare. But at the middle and lower levels, MMA might offer the better paydays

She got paid more in her MMA debut with Bellator, then for any Boxing match in her 20-0 career

@2:05
                That's WMMA.

There are far more opportunities in WMMA than in boxing because Rousey, Cyborg, Gina Corano made it legitimately popular, and let's face it they play up the sexual aspect of it.

Half naked women rolling around on each other.

Comment

• Does anyone know what TV station(s) will show the press conferences in the U.S.?

Need to set the DVR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                    @ 2:57 Hardy gets real about why she's doing anything related to MMA, there's a huge lack of opportunity in the sport of boxing for women. That's the crux of it right there, but the UFC had a star like Rhonda Rousey out front making huge paydays, and at one point overshadowing everyone, including the men. Even so, this is pretty much all you can dig up in terms of boxing crossover fighters because people with sense know that the UFC is one step away from fighting a crackhead in a parking lot for a government check.

Dana White believes a fighter should get paid what he thinks their effort is actually worth, which happens to be less than boxers are, which is why you don't hear about them clamoring to crossover. Just Sayin'...
                    As opposed to a Boxer???

More often than not, its the Boxer who "comes from the streets"... that parking lot scenario is more apt for a Boxer than an MMA fighter, lets be real. Just saying.

Again listen to what Heather Hardy's saying:
                    At the highest level of Boxing, MMA can not compare. But at the middle and lower levels, MMA might offer the better paydays. She got paid more in her MMA debut with Bellator, then for any Boxing match in her 20-0 career
                    She's mid/low-level in Boxing, as far being a star and getting paid. Champion or not, Female or not, she's mid-level at best... in MMA, with a bit of her notoriety, she can start-off making similar money in Bellator.

The UFC screws their fighters, no doubt about that. The UFC sells the UFC above the individual fighter. That's not what happens in Boxing. What Dana does is pump the "UFC brand" over the fighters, they're second to the "brand". That's the way the sport has grown... and it's been a double-edged sword for the fighters. They don't get the cut that should be getting.

In Boxing, the top stars are what drive the sport, it's not the "name" of one promotion company. We don't care that it's "Top Rank" or "Golden Boy"... we care about the name of the Boxers, not the name of the promotion. So at the top level, Boxers make a lot more than MMArtists. But below those "top stars"... at the mid-to-lower level, it's different.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                      That's WMMA.

There are far more opportunities in WMMA than in boxing because Rousey, Cyborg, Gina Corano made it legitimately popular, and let's face it they play up the sexual aspect of it.

Half naked women rolling around on each other.
                      For whatever reason, Women have not broken past the mid-level in Boxing. Male of female, mid-level is mid-level.

And the sexuality thing gets over-exaggerated. I love me some TandA, but in all honesty, the interest in WMMA is beyond that. It's about the fights, and the fighters.
                      Last edited by USMCer; 07-10-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X