No announcement yet.

Jermall Charlo vs. Prime Paul Williams at 154

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SensFullViolenc View Post
    I love PWill, and that volume is no joke. You need to be a tough, tough dude to get through that volume, either that or an expert counter-puncher like Maravilla showed (who was plenty tough as well).

But PWill left himself open to counters too much. His head was out there. Maravilla showed it. Quintana showed it. Margs? homie was too slow, he couldn't counter. Not exactly a sharp puncher.

Maybe Ive been too impressed by the JRock fight, but Charlo looks good. Could he stand up to that volume and possibly check PWill's chin. It would require both toughness & skill, but I pick Charlo.
    Great posts.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Uhh....nobody's underrating nothing.

That's one separate incident, Charlo isn't anywhere near as good as a prime Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
        That's one separate incident, Charlo isn't anywhere near as good as a prime Martinez.
        Charlo just got done sparking another 'Williams' with a beautiful uppercut-cross through the guard.

A shot that the older 'Williams' was frequently vulnerable to, given he literally no head defense. Thus why he got caught like he did.

It's not about how many times a person gets sparked. It's HOW you get sparked.

Comment

Charlo just got done sparking another 'Williams' with a beautiful uppercut-cross through the guard.

A shot that the older 'Williams' was frequently vulnerable to, given he literally no head defense. Thus why he got caught like he did.

It's not about how many times a person gets sparked. It's HOW you get sparked.
          Charlo has no good wins on his resume, that still remains.

Comment

All I know is, Lara is a gee...

Comment

Charlo has no good wins on his resume, that still remains.
              Charlo sparking Julian Williams for the first time, using a shot Paul Williams has been proven vulnerable against, is notable enough.

All people remember of Paul Williams is
              • Got a gift from the Lara fight
              • Kermit Cintron basically taking a dive
              • Beating an over the hill Winky Wright
              • Getting sparked cold by Maravilla

Comment

Charlo sparking Julian Williams for the first time, using a shot Paul Williams has been proven vulnerable against, is notable enough.

All people remember of Paul Williams is
                • Got a gift from the Lara fight
                • Kermit Cintron basically taking a dive
                • Beating an over the hill Winky Wright
                • Getting sparked cold by Maravilla
                I remember him outworking Lara, Paul showed such resilience in that fight, great heart and spirit and his work-rate saw him through.
                Paul Williams is a much better fighter than the overrated Charlo brothers.

Comment

I remember him outworking Lara
                  You remember wrong. Here, I'll even timestamp for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                    Charlo by devastating KO, so devastating it would put Williams in the wheelchair no motorcycle accident needed
                    No surprise here. Expected comment from such a pos who wears a unibrow. Classless just like every person of your kind.

Comment

Working...
                    X