Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mikey garcia's resume, are you impressed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
    meaningless?. how many fighters had amateur experiences and fought 50% ex/current world champs in their first 9 bouts?. loma is a 1%'er
    Now you're trying to set it up like I was attacking Loma (of course) which I'm not doing. I'm saying your mention of him being a baby in the pros is meaningless when comparing his resume to Garcia's because they're both around the same age, both healthy and sharp, and both will likely have a similar career in front of them.

I like both of these guys a lot but Mikey has obviously done more so far. That shouldn't take anything away from Loma, who is coming up fast.

Comment

lol he's got 38 fights, loma has 9...and the salido win has * on it similar to cuadra's win over rungvisai
      Doesn't matter how many fights they have, the point is that their best wins are comparable.

And Mikey showed great variety in his attack when he pounded Salido.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Now you're trying to set it up like I was attacking Loma (of course) which I'm not doing. I'm saying your mention of him being a baby in the pros is meaningless when comparing his resume to Garcia's because they're both around the same age, both healthy and sharp, and both will likely have a similar career in front of them.

I like both of these guys a lot but Mikey has obviously done more so far. That shouldn't take anything away from Loma, who is coming up fast.
        wow, dont know how you got that but whatever. you are comparing them based on age? i'm comparing them based on what they've done considering the length of time in the pro game...and it's a mismatch tbh

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Doesn't matter how many fights they have, the point is that their best wins are comparable.

And Mikey showed great variety in his attack when he pounded Salido.

was this video includes the sign of relief on mikey's face when they stopped the fight.

you said it yourself, they have comparable resumees but mike have 36 fights while loma has 9, what's that say?

Comment

you said it yourself, they have comparable resumees but mike have 36 fights while loma has 9, what's that say?
            It says that Lomachenko spent a lot of time in the amateurs racking up 400 fights and that Mikey was on the shelf for 2.5 years due to promotional issues.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              It says that Lomachenko spent a lot of time in the amateurs racking up 400 fights and that Mikey was on the shelf for 2.5 years due to promotional issues.
              exactly why even loma's pro resume is so impressive with 9 fights vs ex/current world champs

Comment

Yeah, Mikey Garcia's resume is definitely impressive. I'd rate him lower P4P right now than Loma tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Yes, I'm impressed. He hasn't taken a lot of damage and still looks sharp so he's got a lot ahead of him. And, if you're comparing him to Loma, they're both almost the same age (Loma just spent forever in the amateurs) so this "baby" idea is a misfire. I don't know why people try to use one boxer to make an attack against another. Both are looking great. No reason to like one and not the other just because they look like future opponents.
                  I don't know man. Vasyl looks fairly young from the looks of this recent picture

Comment

i guess it's safe to say loma's amateur career is almost unparalleled to say the least..but even in the pro game he's already comparable to the semi veterans in the game in his 9th pro fight...think about it gentlemen!

Comment

Looks like you made this thread as a thinly-veiled attempt to use Loma to attack Mikey and get people to agree with you. Wrong move. Hopefully the fight gets made and afterwards you can pretend you never made this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X