Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Joe Frazier and Tyson Fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frazier's technique was a little more tuned that Marciano's, but it's clear that Rocky had better power in both hands, while the majority of Frazier's was in the left. Rocky had good vision, while Frazier was partially blind. Both had huge hearts, but I think that Marciano's chin was probably a little bit better than Smokin' Joe's. Tyson's power was on par with both, though his chin was tougher, his defense was better, and he was a lot quicker than either. For argument's sake, however, this should just be about Rocky really. He was clearly a top 5 all-time heavyweight (at least top 10 for those who don't like him); and maybe guys who reign undefeated as a champion at 49-0 just get lucky every time....or someone *cough*tommyhearns*cough* doesn't know $#!& about his heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by Hous
      i cannot believe anyone is stupid enough to say Marciano is a unskilled spegatti eating peice of trash. Thats both racist and false.

Louis ranked Marciano at number two, just below himself. But when Frazier has the same exact top three its because hes not bragging how hes better? Then that means Louis is only bragging? Get real.

The way I look at it is these people feel threatend that Marciano is one of the top 5 boxers in history so they try to bash it. You dont see people bashing Louis or Ali, noone calls them unskilled trash because we know they are the some of best and we arn't threatend.

i think you've misquoted me i like marciano i do think he is one of the best boxers he would be in the top ten on my list, porbably at 6

the only problem with marciano is the quality of his competition it just wasn't great

Comment

Originally posted by Brassangel
        Frazier's technique was a little more tuned that Marciano's, but it's clear that Rocky had better power in both hands, while the majority of Frazier's was in the left. Rocky had good vision, while Frazier was partially blind. Both had huge hearts, but I think that Marciano's chin was probably a little bit better than Smokin' Joe's. Tyson's power was on par with both, though his chin was tougher, his defense was better, and he was a lot quicker than either. For argument's sake, however, this should just be about Rocky really. He was clearly a top 5 all-time heavyweight (at least top 10 for those who don't like him); and maybe guys who reign undefeated as a champion at 49-0 just get lucky every time....or someone *cough*tommyhearns*cough* doesn't know $#!& about his heavyweights.
        Frazier's and Rocky's techique are on a different planet.....Rocky looked amateurish

Comment

Originally posted by The_One77
          Frazier's and Rocky's techique are on a different planet.....Rocky looked amateurish
          but it worked!

Comment

Different Era Different Outcome

Marciano, Frazier, and "Iron" Mike Tyson all fought in in different times. Tyson lives in an era where fights are SUPPOSED to be 12 rounds. Most of Frazier's carrer bouts went on at about 15. Marciano fought anywhere from 20 to say.....100. That's a small difference but it's one of many that could make it quite difficult to call the fight. Like Johnson vs. Ali.

Salaam

Comment

anyone that hates on either frazier or marciano is a ****ing moron, as we all know this tommyhearns guy is.

Comment

Reading the first post I was nodding my head in pretty much all agreeance until I read:

"and i bet 99 percent of the whites in here will say Marciano would knock out Tyson"

it's come down to if you don't agree with someone it's because it's racist. Look, you don't know that - if they say stupid stuff it's maybe because a.) they don't know their boxing history 2.) want to stirr things up 3.) a fan/nuthugger. Why must you alwasy bring back racisim into the threads when you really don't have basis for it. That usually just brings more drama into this stuff.

Comment

The only racists on this website are the ones who actually believe that a fighter's career should be undermined because said fighter didn't face enough "colored" competition. That's a racist comment. A person would be incinuating that black fighters are always superior to whites, or visa versa. That's rediculous.

Anyone who's anyone about boxing knowledge knows that skin color has nothing to do with boxing skills.

On a side note, it's true that Frazier's skill was much higher, and his style more developed than Marciano's, this should be a testament to how good the Rock really was. Had he developed his skills and cleaned up his technique, he would have been....even more....undefeated...

Comment

thats a big WHATIF brass... I generally have Marciano and Frazier on par, Marciano had a bigger power but Frazier had the skillbase to facilitate his power much better.

Comment

Working...
                    X