No announcement yet.

Looks like Canelos next possible opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
    This is all part of a masterplan from Canelo to bait Mayweather into a rematch

step 1 - defeat Khan, the man Floyd ducked

step 2 - defeat Maidana, the man who bullied and arguably beat Floyd in the 1st match

step 3 - defeat GGG, another man that Floyd ducked and one of the main reasons for his retirement. after Pacquiao, that was the next match to make, people were already demanding it and Floyd was having none of that, because GGG would flatten him

If Pac wasn't retiring after Bradley, Canelo would challenge him too

Canelo will try to one up Mayweather at beating these guys, and hopefully bait him into a rematch, this time with an even playing field, no bs catchweights to weight drain ginger anymore.

Step 3 Gonna be a mother****er to complete

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Wouldn't doubt it...

Biggest prime star in boxing won't crack 500k in PPv buys this year... Pathetic
      If he beats Khan and fights maidana that's two fights that clear 500k easy

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
        If he beats Khan and fights maidana that's two fights that clear 500k easy
        I doubt it,,, it's mismatches.. These aren't major fights,, canelo didn't crack 500k with Lara, angulo, kirkland.. Neither Maidana or khan are coming off huge wins..
        At best it does 500k and some change.. Gets nowhere canelo/Cotto numbers which underperformed..

This is what's wrong with boxing,, the damn lineal champ at 160, DOESNT fight any guys at 160, instead fights at 155 vs blown up welters that are tailor made to get the crap kicked out of them by canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          I doubt it,,, it's mismatches.. These aren't major fights,, canelo didn't crack 500k with Lara, angulo, kirkland.. Neither Maidana or khan are coming off huge wins..
          At best it does 500k and some change.. Gets nowhere canelo/Cotto numbers which underperformed..

This is what's wrong with boxing,, the damn lineal champ at 160, DOESNT fight any guys at 160, instead fights at 155 vs blown up welters that are tailor made to get the crap kicked out of them by canelo.
          Hes only fighting at 154 because Khan wants a shot at the title. Canelo said he wanted to fight someone at 154 and ask canelo is a bigger star after the Cotto fight.

Comment

Lmao......

Comment

Canelo turning into a huge ***** if this turns out to be true.

He needs to fight GGG. Thats the only fight anyone should care about. Sadly cuz they will argue they will be able to get 500k-1M more PPV buys in 14-18 months than if the fight came off in 6 months it isn't likely to happen this year.

Comment

According to BoxRec, Canelo's only half an inch taller and actually has shorter reach than Khan. That kind of threw me off. Of course, I'm expecting Canelo to be the bigger guy, in terms of frame and muscle mass. I heard Khan say earlier on a podcast, that he walks around 163-164, so I wonder if he'll be able to gain enough weight to make the size difference less of an issue, while not drastically giving up his speed, for this fight. That being said, I still expect Canelo to beat him decisively and maybe even stop him.

Comment

Better not be.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Canelo turning into a huge ***** if this turns out to be true.

He needs to fight GGG. Thats the only fight anyone should care about. Sadly cuz they will argue they will be able to get 500k-1M more PPV buys in 14-18 months than if the fight came off in 6 months it isn't likely to happen this year.
                    Canelo doesnt need gg for anything. Let canelo make some real money now and then fight gg. Team gg has already proven to be an awful negotiating team

Comment

Hell yeah I hope its true 2 great fighters going at it toe to toe!

Who wouldent want to see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X