Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquaio vs Juan Manuel Marquez 3 Appreciation thread: Did JMM get robbed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

round 2: 10-9 Pacquaio

scoredcard: 19-19 even

neither landed much...manny landed 2 good straight lefts that sealed the round at the end...marquez doing good job of keeping lead foot on the outside and slipping shots

Comment

Love this fight, Marquez definitely proved me wrong. Those lead uppercuts man!

Comment

round 3: 10-9 Marquez

Manny is missing with his left. Lands a good right hook at the end of the round. Marquez is controlling the range and getting in good jab to the body and a good left to the body when he slips mannys jab to the outside. good left hooks to the body.

No real damaging shots but JMM is landing the cleaner shots although he isnt quite as active

scorecard: 29-28 Marquez

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          Love this fight, Marquez definitely proved me wrong. Those lead uppercuts man!
          He is landing good left hooks to the body too...its an underutilized weapon against a soufpaw...lol

its the easiest to land considering its with the lead hand and the right side of their oliques and flanks are right there

Comment

When I watched it at the time I was adamant he was robbed. Even when I rescored it I felt the same.

But looking back now I don't think he was robbed. But I do think that he won.

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
              Marquez feints and footwork were great in this match. Ending exchanging by landing the last shot. he landed the harder shots by far

so far.. thats how i see it
              2-1 through 3 rounds...Marquez really neutralized Manny in this one

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                When I watched it at the time I was adamant he was robbed. Even when I rescored it I felt the same.

But looking back now I don't think he was robbed. But I do think that he won.
                you gonnna post a scorecard

Comment

I've been meaning to do this myself. I'll watch and edit this post with a scorecard later on today if I don't forget...

Comment

Pretty sure I scored it a draw so I don't think Marquez was robbed. But it was quite a disappointing performance by Pacquiao; he was completely stifled. Marquez truly is an ATG.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusSOG View Post
                      I've been meaning to do this myself. I'll watch and edit this post with a scorecard later on today if I don't forget...
                      be looking out for you bro

Comment

Working...
                      X