Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sullivan Barrera Andre Ward's toughest opponent to date?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
    Barrerra isnt even a top 20 LHW dude.

He will be after this fight, you can take that to the bank.

Abel Sanchez will have the perfect game plan.

Ward's getting KO'd in the late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post

Well that would be a major upset.

Comment

Froch was better

Comment

Those guys are small 168 pounders though. Sullivan would destroy those dudes.

Sullivan's a cruiserweight squeezing down to 175 for big fights.

And he still has crazy power
          He only has a KO rating of 71%......not really all that impressive, honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
            Man Ill be honest with you, I never heard of this guy until recently, never seen him fight. hook me up with a video so I can analyze his style.

To me Wards toughest fight was that dude Sakio Bika. Ward won that fight but Bika was so awkward and aggressive and wild you had to be on your toes against him if one of those bombs landed it would be over.
            Check Youtube for his most recent fight against Murat. Very exciting fight with Murat getting stopped. The guy has power and a good combo.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Check Youtube for his most recent fight against Murat. Very exciting fight with Murat getting stopped. The guy has power and a good combo.
              Very good technical fight, good skills, but Ward should beat him easy, in order to beat Ward, you have to make the fight dirty you cant play his game the waiting game at all.

Sullivan looks tentative in the fight with Murat he finished him but he plays into a guy like Wards hands.

I pick Ward to win this one again boring and easy, Andre Ward reminds me of a combo of Bernard Hopkins and Wlad Klitschko they win dirty and ugly but find ways to win.

Comment

No.... Not at all. Barrera gets his chance to prove me wrong though!

Comment

I'd go all in on points if you want to make that an official bet?

Comment

Froch is better but Sullivan is a prospect so he has the chance to better than Froch.

Comment

Barrera is tough because it's unknown if Ward's power and skill will carry to the higher weight class. Nothing is promised in boxing so the outcome is unknown at this point.

Aside from that I think Ward's fight against Froch could be considered one of his toughest. He prevailed against a game opponent while having a broken hand....people discount how hard it is to face someone like Froch without all of your weapons.

Comment

Working...
                      X