No announcement yet.

Who will Saunders next opponent be?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** Colonel Sanders.

***** won't fight any decent MW now. He'll be like Quillin x2 now.

And **** Lee for ****ting on the MW division.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
      Obviously it will be one of 2 fighters.

Gennady Golovkin or Canelo Alvarez

Gennady Golovkin has a simple mission, to unify the middleweight championship.

Saunders won 2 prizes, the WBO Middleweight championship, and a future ass whoopin by GGG Or Canelo.

My guess is that we will see GGG vs Saunders and Canelo vs Margarito before their September showdown.

Gennady is belt hunting.

Neither; Saunders is signed to Frank Warren, who needs content for his BoxNation channel, he gives Warren a domestic world champion to highlight in his programming, and opponent share of the take, in fights against Canelo or Golovkin, don't outstrip the kind of money that can be made for simply putting on a domestic defense.

Looking down the WBO rankings, barring the PBC situation not opening up for Warren, my money's on the opponent being Tommy Langford (WBO #7 challenger).

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        Saunders should be given the chance to brand himself.

I say Heiland. Let's see how he does against another supposed good 160 Southpaw. The same way Lee took on Korobov.

Or, Quillin... good chance for Quillin to come back strong before it's too late... Quillin is in dire need of a belt in order to maintain his image at 160. Would be good to reunite his WBO.

Third, Lemeiux. Good way to test himself with confidence for a possible GGG matchup because if I recall Saunders not wanting any part of GGG when asked. Perhaps he didnt think he'd have a belt or just ducking. Who knows.
        I agree. GGG was allowed to build his brand and make several safe title defenses why can't Saunders?

Comment

God, the MW division sucks. Everyone's avoiding Golovkin like the plague

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
            God, the MW division sucks. Everyone's avoiding Golovkin like the plague
            I like Golovkin, I wanna see him fight everyone he'd beat Saunders but let's not act like Golovkin picked up his first belt and went on a tear up. He picked up an interim belt against Nunez, got promoted and fought Ouma, Tapia, Fuchigami and Proksa before fighting a semi live body in Rosado.

Saunders should fight GGG or Canelo but he won't we all know it and he's just picked up a belt against Andy Lee and beaten Eubank Jr. already. More than GGG had done at this stage in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              he's just picked up a belt against Andy Lee and beaten Eubank Jr. already. More than GGG had done at this stage in his career.
              Couldn't agree more. I was thinking the exact same thing before finishing your post. Ironically, Saunders comes off like a humble chap, and the dude went on to win a belt the bonafide way! By that alone, as I stated earlier, deserves the chance to brand himself. If the Brit wants to make money too he has every right to. BUT a shocker that Saunders chooses to unify some other belts, shoot more props to Saunders.

Comment

It won't be a Big Name based on the recent WBO Rankings, it will likely a Weak Opponent until the WBO order him to take his Mandatory which right now would be Arif Magomedov I guess

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                  Did you even watch the fight he said he's 18 months away from a gg fight
                  Then Canelo it is.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                    I agree. GGG was allowed to build his brand and make several safe title defenses why can't Saunders?
                    i was about to talk **** on Saunders, then I saw this and ate it. good point. If GGG can fight Willie Monroe on HBO, then Saunders can do as he pleases.

Great division everyone

Comment

I think he will attempt to sit on the title a while.
                      I like both Lee and Saunders, i'm a big Saunders fan. But before the fight i was thinking it would be better if Lee won as he was more likely to face Golovkin, and i wanted to see the titles unified.

That said, i don't blame Saunders if he takes a few 'routine' defenses if possible. He's a young fighter who's just stepped up in level and won his first world title. Fair play to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X