No announcement yet.

The Official Los Angeles Clippers Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Official Los Angeles Clippers Thread

I see a lot of different threads discussing the greatest franchise in sports history. So, instead of a bunch of different threads, I've created a sanctuary for such discussions.

Recent hot news:
    -Clippers acquire Doc Rivers from Boston
    -Christopher "Clifford" Paul signed an extension
    -Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler were traded, and JJ Reddick and Jared Dudley were acquired.

Thoughts?

I personally do not like the JJ Reddick trade all that much. I don't mind Jared Dudley as much, assuming we resign matt barnes (and he is the starter). Caron Butler & Willie Green were pretty worthless the past season, and all those open threes they shot have a better chance of going in if Reddick or Dudley/Barnes are shooting them. I think our defense and athleticism declines, but our shooting goes up. If we had some knock down shooters who could defend, then Blake and CP3 will have the lanes wide open for them to operate.

I think this trade works in theory (although I'd much rather have Afflalo, esp. since he's a UCLA guy). We'll see what Doc can do with this line-up. I have all the faith in the world in him.

Edit: here's an excellent article on it on clips nation:
    http://www.clipsnation.com/2013/7/2/...in-flexibility

GO CLIPSSSSSSSS
    Last edited by Tay Roc; 07-02-2013, 09:13 PM.

Comment

The real price of the reddick trade is getting Dudley. Losing billups and butler in the starting line up and replaced them with younger, quicker, and better shooter in reddick and Dudley

Comment

I love the Clippers

Comment

In true maniac style , inb4 mak and tua hijack this thread ?

Comment

Thread merged with other current Clippers thread. This is now the Clippers master thread.

Comment

Why don't the Clippers just move to Anaheim or San Diego and have their own house?

Comment

lakers' other team..

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Why don't the Clippers just move to Anaheim or San Diego and have their own house?
                  Because the greatest franchise in sports history can do whateverinthe**** it wants.

BOOOOOM

Comment

Originally posted by robust_ View Post
                    Because the greatest franchise in sports history can do whateverinthe**** it wants.

BOOOOOM

If they are so great then they should be able to live without parasiting off the greatest franchise in sports history. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      It's the 2nd of the month, have you paid the rent yet? I can refer the Lakers to the local YMCA, I heard they have vacancies.

Comment

Working...
                      X