No announcement yet.

Nacho's influence on Orlandito Del Valle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nacho's influence on Orlandito Del Valle

I finally watched Del Valles last fight vs Wilson and I saw the changes that Nacho implemented immediately. The stance first of all, he has forced him to stand with the Mexico City stance developed by the late, great Arturo Cullo Hernandez.

Lead hand out, feints to set up the body and hook and off angle right hand to counter the lefty stance.

Look at him in this previous fight with his hands tight against his chin when he fought Darchynian:

Now look at his lead hand out, using feints and landing a very nice left hook. I'm surprised he had as much success with it after being in a certain stance for so long. He looks just like JMM and Rapha Marquez in his stance...LOL

Funny seeing a Puerto Rican fighter like that. I couldn't find video of him vs Andre Wilson but his stance is totally Mexico City....

He talks about it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

He talks about it here.
      In business it is customary to benchmark and implement "best practices". I'm sure many PR prospects would do well to seriously look at what the Mexicans are doing with their talent.

The local trainers aren't up to par anymore IMHO.

Comment

You are totally right. PR is lacking top tier trainers. Many puertorricans must follow DelValle's steps and join a mexican (or cuban) trainer.

Comment

Im glad he fit in well with the Mexicans and they embraced him fully. It reveals much of the true Mexican values behind all that rivalry and hoopla. I hope he sticks with Nacho.

Comment

He said he expected that some Mexicans would be nasty with him, and not one person in his time there ever said one thing.

He loves the food, the people and once his face heals up, he's back to Mexico to train and begin sparring with Marquez even.

I really like this kid, not because he's gone to Mexico and all of that but because of his humility and willingness to learn.

He said it was his idea to go and train with Nacho, that was really surprising.

I wish I had film of his last fight so you can see his movement, and his new stance. It's like you are watching Marquez or Rapha fight, it's funny.

He had great success from it though, and that was fighting a lefty.

Comment

Nothing wrong with Orlandito training with Nacho. I bet a Mexican wouldn't go and train under a top Puerto Rican trainer though if there was one.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
                Nothing wrong with Orlandito training with Nacho. I bet a Mexican wouldn't go and train under a top Puerto Rican trainer though if there was one.
                I'm not so sure about that one. I think there are definite differences in training styles, but I think if a Mexican fighter found a PR trainer that fit his style, I think he would go for it.

I train many Puerto Rican kids and I know there's a Puerto Rican gym that has a golden gloves girl who is Mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
                  i forgot what his name was, mexican american dude, was being trained by cotto's uncle. i forget the guy's name.

Comment

anybody have the fight

Comment

Working...
                    X