Comments Thread For: Rios vs. Alvarado II Could Be For Vacant WBO Crown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Haynes View Post
    ^^^^This

I personally hate the term (I prefer black, fukd dat). Example, if/when/since
    Charlize Theron gets/has her American citizenship....she's African American because she from South Africa but has American citizenship....the term is derogatory towards Black Americans. You rarely hear white people here break it down to Italian American, Irish American, etc. for those who've NEVER BEEN to these countries. With that said, we should just be called black, African OR American, not a combination of either.....until EVERYONE here does it.
    Italian and Irish American are probably the most used terms besides african american (okay maybe native?) you get my point though. It depends where you're from and in what area. The reason people use African American is the PC police and certain leaders who think black is disrespectful. Though times are changing so, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
      Stupidest **** ive read in a long time, can you explain to me where the country of Latino or Hispanic is cause if I remember correctly they are terms used to describe origin, and whether Alvarado and Rios were born in America or Ecuador they are still classified as Latinos. There are whites in Argentina and there are whites in Mexico, race,ethnicity , and nationality are completely different.

There are plenty of "Hispanics" in America, so I dont understand what your saying, just cause they dont speak spanish and arent 1st generation doesnt mean they dont have Mexican roots which makes them Latino

Many of our white American boxers have Euro roots, why aren't they fighting for the Euro titles?

The British Empire colonized many nations and its conceivable that in those nations those fighters have some English blood in them, why aren't they fighting for the Commonwealth title?

Many African-American fighters have African roots, why aren't they fighting for the WBC African title?

Just because you have 'roots' in another nation doesn't auto-qualify you for the benefits of being from another nationality. Ruben Navarette, a popular pro-Mexican bloggist and activist admitted that when he visited Mexico he stood in front of a sign that said Natives This Way and Foreigners This Way. Guess which sign Ruben followed, despite being a Mexican-American and activist for Latino and Hispanic immigrants?

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        Than why do you people call each Blacks or African American ? according to your wording you should just be called American
        Yes!! I've always believed that -American is just another way to label and categorize people and used to widen the racial gap. There was a lawsuit against Harvard recently where several white students were denied access in favor of Harvard fulfilling its "African American" quota, despite the white students showing better grades and extra curricular backgrounds.

Comment

Working...
        X