Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ranks higher on the all-time HW list: John Ruiz or Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    You're wrong-as usual. It's not so much "who has he beaten" as they way that he beats them. He just chews them up and spits them out. Klitschko has show himself to be invincible since the Lewis fight, for which Lewis should have been dubbed " 'Lucky' Lennox Lewis"....

You should get a check-up, you've been dazed for too long.
    So beating up a nobody is better than a tough fight with somebody. You've got high aspirations, I see.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      The thing that impresses me about Vitali as compared to Ruiz, is that he has defended it some many times in dominant fashion without losing it. During Ruiz' title reign, he lost the (WBA) belt a couple times only to regain it; and most his fights were very close.
      He regained at least one which he'd easily lost on the cards due to the Toney's failed drug test. After the test result the title was restored to him. All the same I actually have a grest deal of respect for Ruiz, who did very well with very limited natural talents.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Vitali's overrated by his fans, big time, because his resume is pretty weak. But he's better than Ruiz.

Ruiz did beat a past prime Holyfield, Johnson (Kirk), Rahman, Golota, and McCline.

Vitali beat Hide, Johnson (Kirk), Sanders, Peter, Gomez, Arreola, Johnson (Kevin), Solis, Adamek, and Chisora.

I mean neither resume ranks in the Top 20 all-time for HW's, but Vitali is better than Ruiz.

Out of HW's after the Lennox/Holyfield/Bowe era, Wlad has the best resume.

Wlad beat Byrd, Botha, McCline, Peter, Brock, Brewster, Ibragimov, Thompson, Chagaev, Chambers, and Haye. Though not avenging the Sanders loss hurts Wlad a bit in my opinion. Still, his wins over Byrd and Haye are better than anything on Vitali's resume.
        Ruiz got the decision against Johnson because of a fake low blow DQ which wasn't low at all. He did an excellent "Hopkins" act. Johnson was heating him handily. So when Klitschko annihilated him in a round and a half, he was beating a basically unbeaten fighter.

Comment

Ruiz got the decision against Johnson because of a fake low blow DQ which wasn't low at all. He did an excellent "Hopkins" act. Johnson was heating him handily. So when Klitschko annihilated him in a round and a half, he was beating a basically unbeaten fighter.
          You'e delusional. Was that Johnson's first low blow? Second, are you implying that Johnson would have won the fight if he hadn't been disqualified? Pure horse****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            You want to talk about overrated look at some of the past greats that get overrated as greats like crazy. Jack Johnson to Marciano to Holmes to Tyson. Somehow a guy who ducked his fellow black boxers to only fight tough man type Caucasian boxers as well as fighting Jefferies off a long layoff is so much greater than Vitali has done. Bullshit! Tyson who I loved as a kid was a bum killer but because he looked mean and intimidating he's top 5 ATG to some people(I do give props for the young HW title but that alone doesn't justify it). Holmes was as exciting as watching paint dry and he fought more bums than you could imagine.

We all can knit pick people's resumes.
            Johnson wasn't overrated, in fact you are seriously underrating him. Most, if nottALL the experts have him in the top 5, and 3 of the top 20th century historians have him at #1 or #2. They all agree that the closest fighter to Johnson in style and talent was Benny Leonard. Also, that everything Ali did, Johnson could do better, and a lot that Johnson did, Ali couldn't do. As for his opponents, he basically carried most of them, and from the time Choynski KOd him when he was green, around 1902-3 and that phony Ketchell KD, he wasn't even shaken until he was old and fat in 1915. Even then...the "big guys" that wanted to get rid of Johnson insisted on a 45 rd fight..... FORTY FIVE ROUNDS. Johnson was 37 and completely out of shape. nevertheless, if it had been a 20 rd fight he'd have won by 20 rds to nil.

And he fought whichever opponent that was the best for his pocket. He was making a living in a very tough atmosphere for a black fighters., especially the Heavyweight Champion. The hatred was completely beyond anything you can imagine in your worse drug soaked dream.

What's the matter with you, don't you ever read any boxing history...?? They named a huge German artillery shell "The Jack Johson" in WW1.

You're right about Marciano but wrong about Holmes. Marciano wasn't much good and his "record" was manufactured. If you want to do something of benefit to yourself you should look into the Marciano opponents and THEIR opponents. You'll see that most of them were really "set-ups". The Mafia controlled much of the action then, and his manager was "connected"...

Too much ignorance these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              You'e delusional. Was that Johnson's first low blow? Second, are you implying that Johnson would have won the fight if he hadn't been disqualified? Pure horse****.
              You're quoting opinion, I'm quoting facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                So beating up a nobody is better than a tough fight with somebody. You've got high aspirations, I see.
                You are sounding ridiculous, didn't take long. I don't want an "internet argument" with you. Most of the Klitschko opponents were otherwise very competent fighters. The guy has never been shaken in a fight, and hunts his opponents. Which other heavyweight have you seen do this?? I've seen none since Tyson.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                  Johnson may not have given title shots to guys like Langford, McVea etc. but he didn't duck them. He fought most of them multiple times, save Langford (who he trounced despite legend) and beat them all. He cleaned out the bulk of the division en route to Burns and then fought the fights that paid.

Your comment on Holmes is absurd. He had dull moments but was also an underrated action fighter for years. Norton, Shavers II, Weaver, Witherspoon, Cooney, and Snipes were all thrillers. Holmes best action fights rate up there with some of the better Heavyweight action fights.

If you're going to troll, at least be in the realm of reality.
                  You've said it far better that I.

Comment

You're quoting opinion, I'm quoting facts.
                    He lost. Fact. And probably would've got KO'ed anyway. You probably forget when that right hand had him grabbing at Ruiz's crotch on the way down like a hooker down on her luck. Anyway, you want facts? He lost.

Comment

You are sounding ridiculous, didn't take long. I don't want an "internet argument" with you. Most of the Klitschko opponents were otherwise very competent fighters. The guy has never been shaken in a fight, and hunts his opponents. Which other heavyweight have you seen do this?? I've seen none since Tyson.
                      We're not talking about "the Klitschko opponents," just one Klitschko. Try to focus.

Comment

Working...
                      X