Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wlad's ''ATG Punching Power'' - Stats break down....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wlad's ''ATG Punching Power'' - Stats break down....

Heard/Read a lot of stuff regarding Wladimir Klits apparent legendary punching power...

Since his defeat to Lamon Brewster in 04 he has had 14 fights. 11 KO's. 3 Decisions. Very good record no doubt.

However of those 11 KO's, THREE stoppages have come in the first 6 rounds....lets compare KO's in the first 6 rounds of other ATG punchers, through their careers.

Wlad - 38/49
    Shavers - 64/69
    Foreman - 63/68
    Tyson - 41/44

clearly a long way back......
    lets have a look at KO's within the first 3 rounds

wlad - 28/49
    shavers - 52/69
    foreman - 46/68
    tyson - 34/44

lagging a long way back again.......

Now statistics NEVER tell the whole story. But its worth considering surely?

of course this means wlad has a lot more late ko's than those others, a testament to his conditioning. however if he had such great Punching power, why is it taking him until the later rounds to KO his opponents? Even lately, his most dominant run, only 3/11 KO's have come in the first 6 rounds? Compared to Tyson at his peak or Foreman at his peak, thats pretty poor.

Wlad is one of the hardest hitters of all time. No doubt. But by no means top 3. He is catching his opponents PLENTY during the early rounds. But he isnt KO'ing them until they have tired themselves, and worn down by continued punishment. And as i said, klit carries his power to late rounds remarkably well. but ATG power? i think not.

He has a great left hand for certain.

But the majority of his KOs are a result of leaning on his opponents, tiring them out. He wasnt able to lean on Haye thats why he couldnt ko him.

Top 3 left Jab, but I wouldnt even put him top 10 in overall punching power.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
      He has a great left hand for certain.

But the majority of his KOs are a result of leaning on his opponents, tiring them out. He wasnt able to lean on Haye thats why he couldnt ko him.

Top 3 left Jab, but I wouldnt even put him top 10 in overall punching power.
      very fair post.
      i agree

Comment

he definitely is a big puncher, bit he was like tyson, his stamina is very bad

unlike tyson wlad could afford to adapt into a more eco friendly style by using his height and size

Comment

uhh because his style? He's a boxer first, puncher second.

Tyson is a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
            uhh because his style? He's a boxer first, puncher second.

Tyson is a fighter.
            not true.
            early in his career he was HIGHLY entertaining and a lot more aggressive than he is now.

Hes much more cautious now.

Comment

Originally posted by sosolid4u09 View Post
              Heard/Read a lot of stuff regarding Wladimir Klits apparent legendary punching power...

Since his defeat to Lamon Brewster in 04 he has had 14 fights. 11 KO's. 3 Decisions. Very good record no doubt.

However of those 11 KO's, THREE stoppages have come in the first 6 rounds....lets compare KO's in the first 6 rounds of other ATG punchers, through their careers.

Wlad - 38/49
              Shavers - 64/69
              Foreman - 63/68
              Tyson - 41/44

clearly a long way back......
              lets have a look at KO's within the first 3 rounds

wlad - 28/49
              shavers - 52/69
              foreman - 46/68
              tyson - 34/44

lagging a long way back again.......

Now statistics NEVER tell the whole story. But its worth considering surely?

of course this means wlad has a lot more late ko's than those others, a testament to his conditioning. however if he had such great Punching power, why is it taking him until the later rounds to KO his opponents? Even lately, his most dominant run, only 3/11 KO's have come in the first 6 rounds? Compared to Tyson at his peak or Foreman at his peak, thats pretty poor.

Wlad is one of the hardest hitters of all time. No doubt. But by no means top 3. He is catching his opponents PLENTY during the early rounds. But he isnt KO'ing them until they have tired themselves, and worn down by continued punishment. And as i said, klit carries his power to late rounds remarkably well. but ATG power? i think not.
              Good post!

Comment

I'm no fan of Wlad, but I think he'd have more early KOs if he was less tentative a fighter.

Of course, it's fully possible some of those early KOs wouldn't be in his favour...

Comment

Those stats don't tell the tale. Pre Sanders Wlad fought much more aggressively and took people out with impunity. He gets the k.o's on the back end now because he chooses to box.

There is no doubt he hits harder than everyone on that list. Its obvious from watching him fight.

Comment

What heavyweight in history stopped the most opponents who were never stopped before?

Answer: Wladimir Klitschko, 16

Comment

Working...
                    X