No announcement yet.

Explain to me the damage McGregor-Mayweather will do to the sport of boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just a complete joke!

and some Floyd fans will say that he is 50-0 because this, that and other things!

49-0 fight "to tie" for the record should have been against some top guy not Berto. Now this.

Comment

• Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
      Gargle gargle gargle!
      Alright I get it already, I get it you love deep throating Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        It's just a complete joke!

and some Floyd fans will say that he is 50-0 because this, that and other things!

49-0 fight "to tie" for the record should have been against some top guy not Berto. Now this.
        McGregor would probably ktfo of that Horn dude Pac's gonna fight though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          I know it's a mismatch and Floyd will win easily. But I don't understand all this "damage to boxing" talk. There have been corrupt promoters/refs/judges/sanctioning bodies that have done quantifiable damage to boxing and the sport is still here and surviving. Ali vs. football player Lyle Alzado didn't do any damage to boxing. James Toney vs. Randy Couture didn't do any damage to MMA/UFC.

This is a money grab event. Nothing more, nothing less. Step outside the boxing bubble and you'll find millions of people who want to see this fight and people who give McGregor a chance to win. They're begging Floyd to take their money and if I was him I'd take it too.

Get off your high horse with this "damage to boxing" BS when the people involved in the sport continue to do damage to boxing everyday.
          boxing fans tend to exaggerate and hype shlt up
          ''aj went life and death vs wlad''
          ''3g laid a thudding kd on jacobs''
          ''fury is a great boxer''
          are some examples

i think we expect more from elite guys. add in the way this is being promoted (#50 ?!?!?!?). it proves may is still a marketing genius but he could make #50 more thrilling.

there have been worse instances;
          ear bite, fan man riot, golota bowe riot, benn gman, deaths....

boxing will survive this glorified exhibition ''fight''

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Alright I get it already, I get it you love deep throating Floyd.
            You that childish? Nerd! You should of put ga.y ga.y ga.y ga.y... because its obvious! Don't try and play it off now ga.y boy lmao rainbow warrior.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
              ''aj went life and death vs wlad''
              ''3g laid a thudding kd on jacobs''
              ''fury is a great boxer''
              are some examples

i think we expect more from elite guys. add in the way this is being promoted (#50 ?!?!?!?). it proves may is still a marketing genius but he could make #50 more thrilling.

there have been worse instances;
              ear bite, fan man riot, golota bowe riot, benn gman, deaths....

boxing will survive this glorified exhibition ''fight''
              Yea if boxing survived that horrible Chavez Canelo fight then it definitely will survive this fight that will generate more money,publicity, and sponsors for boxing. The only way I can see how ******ED boxing fans could see that as a bad thing is it's a black man responsible for it. Where was the concern for all the other boxers who fought in UFC under unfair conditions. You ******s didn't seem to care then while mma fans making a joke out of us.

You are rite because I haven't seen them promote this fight as #50 at all matter of fact I haven't seen any real promotion for this fight. Just another exxageration from a boxing fan

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                It's just a complete joke!

You think Floyd fans are the only ones who going to watch this lmao. Everyone is not ******ed like boxing fans. People actually have a brain for themselves unlike you haters on boxingscene. There have been many cross over fights boxer to mma etc Ali Inoki.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  The sports radio guys have been saying Floyd needs to knock him out quick because if not MMA wins. You have the best boxer of our generation and some UFC dude going 12 rounds is laughable and makes boxing look bad
                  If Floyd loses then it's worst. Only way boxing wins is if Floyd knocks him out.
                  Disagree. If he put a Gatti type beating on him it will be fun 2 watch. Which is what I hope he does. I want him to beat him like Gatti for 12rds. It will shut up all the racist, EuroTards, and haters. They said Floyd was scared of Rousey and McGregor for 2 years straight especially on here. Y'all FANS made this fight happen. Let's go back and see the hundred of threads calling for Floyd to fight him and Rousey.
                  It's happening now. So deal with it.

Comment

Yea if boxing survived that horrible Chavez Canelo fight then it definitely will survive this fight that will generate more money,publicity, and sponsors for boxing. The only way I can see how ******ED boxing fans could see that as a bad thing is it's a black man responsible for it. Where was the concern for all the other boxers who fought in UFC under unfair conditions. You ******s didn't seem to care then while mma fans making a joke out of us.

You are rite because I haven't seen them promote this fight as #50 at all matter of fact I haven't seen any real promotion for this fight. Just another exxageration from a boxing fan
                    every fight that has a huge underdog in it is a sham but that shlt is ok.

the fact that may is even entertaining this sham is proof that, if it does happen, it will be for 50. it wont be an exhibition thats for sure.

wgaf about how mma fans perceive boxing fans ?!?!? i know i dont.

im hoping may declines this.

Comment

Disagree. If he put a Gatti type beating on him it will be fun 2 watch. Which is what I hope he does. I want him to beat him like Gatti for 12rds. It will shut up all the racist, EuroTards, and haters. They said Floyd was scared of Rousey and McGregor for 2 years straight especially on here. Y'all FANS made this fight happen. Let's go back and see the hundred of threads calling for Floyd to fight him and Rousey.
                      It's happening now. So deal with it.
                      Dude only fools were saying that. You don't get it. If Floyd gattis him he still went 12 rounds with the P4P best and he isn't even a real boxer. Boxing loses! Floyd has to knock him out and quick for boxing to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X