Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do Western nations stop terrorist attacks?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    EXACTLY.

And until he grasps that fact, he's going to talk in circles.
    I never claimed the contrary.

I simply pointed out it's not the only factor involved, and that the invasion of Iraq amplified the risk.

Please keep up

Comment

• Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
      What was it?
      So if we were not bothering them back in Jefferson's day, why were they committing acts of terror on Americans back then?

Comment

Why didn't we have these attacks on this scale in the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s then?
        One of the downsides of living permanently in the dark ages is the eventual obsolescence of your military capabilities. That is why they had to adapt to subversion and terror, which they have practiced throughout the globe, as I mentioned before.

Slavery is still practiced widely in the Muslim world, and there are many frontiers where they wage armed conflict against non-colonial countries. Why? Because it is their doctrine.

Comment

I simply pointed out it's not the only factor involved, and that the invasion of Iraq amplified the risk.
          You refuse to accept my factor, that being their holy book tells them to do this.

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
          Please keep up
          I'm the one teaching here, actually.

And don't mimic me. It's childish and smug.

You've resorted to insult too. Please simmer down a bit.

Comment

So if we were not bothering them back in Jefferson's day, why were they committing acts of terror on Americans back then?
            Because they were pirates doing what pirates tend to do?

Comment

You refuse to accept my factor, that being their holy book tells them to do this.

I'm the one teaching here, actually.

And don't mimic me. It's childish and smug.

You've resorted to insult too. Please simmer down a bit
              just a bit of banter!

I never denied their holy book tells them to do 'this' if the 'this' you're talking about is 'striking unbelievers'?

I'm no islam apologist, far from it. Just pointing out that the Iraq invasion amplified any risk that was already present

Comment

• Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                None of that went on in Jefferson days? Oh, **** sake, American and the West just started meddling and invading countries. You are seriously dense with your oversimplification.

The west used to crusade throughout Mediterranean way before Jefferson. You want me to start posting links? This happen in 3rd and 4th century, and it never stops. Jihadist aren't against America, per se, but against the West of which they view America as the main antagonist.

Buddy, you need to stop listenng to yourself and get some semblance of history. To say their holy book says kill, well, so does the bible. Why aren't Saudis blowing up themselves in droves? They practice the same ideals as other Muslims--yet, are a big friend of fhe west. Tell you why - - - resources. They share with the west. They aren't disenfranchised like the others. Their young people, especially youths are well taken care of. Kuwait, the same. They all read from the same Quran, though, but the book says kill, right? Common sense would tell you that the countries most disenfranchised have the jihadistS.

If what I am saying is all over the place, I apologized as I am on the road running some errands. However, those who are benefitting will sit back and those who are feeling the pinch will resist. Your argument about a book is too oversimplified for me to accept.

Why do you think a psychologist doesnt accept what you say, but investigate your history since birth? It is because we fail to put our life into context, but rather depend on lazy oversimplification.
                America had a strict non-interventionist policy at its inception. As stated previously, at the time of the Barbary Wars, America had no relationship with the muslim world. Conflating it with the West and going back to the Crusades: the Crusades were launched as a response to Islamic conquest. Islam was founded upon conquest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
                  One of the downsides of living permanently in the dark ages is the eventual obsolescence of your military capabilities. That is why they had to adapt to subversion and terror, which they have practiced throughout the globe, as I mentioned before.

Slavery is still practiced widely in the Muslim world, and there are many frontiers where they wage armed conflict against non-colonial countries. Why? Because it is their doctrine.
                  Good points, do you agree that supporting Saudi Arabia is a bad thing? Considering their role in exporting the wahhabist sect of Islam?

Comment

Good points, do you agree that supporting Saudi Arabia is a bad thing? Considering their role in exporting the wahhabist sect of Islam?
                    Involvement in the Middle East tends to seem like a lose-lose situation. It is our compulsion to defend Israel and to a lesser extent, Christian and ethnic minorities within that region that draws us into the mess. I think to accomplish the aforementioned goals, we generally are forced to make a deal with the devil in SA.

Comment

I don't think there are any easy, straightforward answers about how we decide to be involved in that part of the world.

On the other hand, there are exceptionally easy answers as to how to mitigate our own risks centered around our immigration policy.

Comment

Working...
                      X