No announcement yet.

140lb Terence "Bud" Crawford vs 140lb Floyd "Pretty Boy Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
    I think Duran vs Crawford would be closer.
    Duran would beat Crawford for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      The trolling quality had went from humerous to outright idiotic post 5/2/15

That day has ruined lives on this site
      I know right! TC is said to be 50/50 with Pac RIGHT NOW, yet beats PRIME FMJ at perhaps his best weight. FMJ wins +9 rounds against TC, and maybe gets a KD or 2. He's just better than TC at just about everything. TC has no way to beat him.

Comment

I'm a big Crawford fan but I think people forget how special Floyd was at his brief time at 140. He had the right balance of speed, power, defense and still threw combinations. Although Crawford is fairly athletic, he's not near that version of Floyd in terms of pure athleticism.

Crawford's ability to fight southpaw adds intrigue but I have Floyd by decision.

Comment

anytime a new talent emerges they either find someone from the past that will beat him, or find someone from the past they hate that the talent will beat....

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
            I'd pick Crawford. Floyd has never fought a guy like Crawford, I'm not even sure he'd take the fight - and that's not to say much about his counterpart, Manny, cause I don't think he'd take the fight either (maybe in his prime he would have). Crawford is a stylistic nightmare. I believe you have to have real advantages to beat him, size, strength, similar movement, great hand speed, reflexes...that boy is a problem.
            And Crawford has fought a guy like Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Don't assume Crawford behaves like he is a cowardly PED user with something to hide. Crawford isn't the kind of guy that would refuse drug testing (because he is clean) nor would he turn down the most he was ever offered to fight a guy he said "I have nothing more to prove".
              guys that possessed some speed/power/and boxing skills that was prime when floyd was prime, floyd ain't fight 'em until they declined...cotto/shane/pac...all had been washed by the time floyd figured it was cool to tangle with 'em...crawford would be in the "let the fight marinate until it damn near dies on the vine" aka "let me squat until this boy slows down" category

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                guys that possessed some speed/power/and boxing skills that was prime when floyd was prime, floyd ain't fight 'em until they declined...cotto/shane/pac...all had been washed by the time floyd figured it was cool to tangle with 'em...crawford would be in the "let the fight marinate until it damn near dies on the vine" aka "let me squat until this boy slows down" category
                If you have to lie about things there is no need to discuss them. Manny turned down the fight numerous times. Shame had a toothache. Arum was clear Floyd agreed to fight cotto but arum wouldn't guarantee him the money he wanted.

Crawford doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would use a toothache or fake stitches to get out of a high risk fight. Unfortunately, just like Floyd, Manny is showing a reluctance to fight. Sadly he has to go other places.

Maybe arum will get Manny to defend the title at 145 in a fight with Crawford.

Hopefully, Crawford gets to fight Manny next. If he would beat prime Floyd as many suggest, he should brutally and viciously beat Manny to a pulp.
                Last edited by The Big Dunn; 05-24-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

If you have to lie about things there is no need to discuss them. Manny turned down the fight numerous times. Shame had a toothache. Arum was clear Floyd agreed to fight cotto but arum wouldn't guarantee him the money he wanted.

Crawford doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would use a toothache or fake stitches to get out of a high risk fight. Unfortunately, just like Floyd, Manny is showing a reluctance to fight. Sadly he has to go other places.

Maybe arum will get Manny to defend the title at 145 in a fight with Crawford.

Hopefully, Crawford gets to fight Manny next. If he would beat prime Floyd as many suggest, he should brutally and viciously beat Manny to a pulp.
                  notice floyd has a habit of not fighting them at that time. but for some reason you always come up with an excuse.

if it was just one guy that floyd didnt fight during that time then i can give him a pass, but he didnt fight mosley, cotto and pac when it counted.

but some how its not his fault. you said floyd agree to fight cotto but arum wouldnt give him the money he wanted, yet you diss pac for ducking crawford because arum wont give him the money he wanted.....

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                    notice floyd has a habit of not fighting them at that time. but for some reason you always come up with an excuse.

if it was just one guy that floyd didnt fight during that time then i can give him a pass, but he didnt fight mosley, cotto and pac when it counted.

but some how its not his fault. you said floyd agree to fight cotto but arum wouldnt give him the money he wanted, yet you diss pac for ducking crawford because arum wont give him the money he wanted.....
                    Posting the truth isn't coming up with an excuse. If guys like you and djtmal were honest about things there would be no need for me to post what I did.

It counted. Mosley and Manny chose not to fight Floyd when they were younger and fresher. If you hold that against Floyd, so be it. I guess in your mind it takes something away from Floyd or knocks him down a peg.

Pointing out that about manny relative to the Crawford fight isn't a diss, it's factual. The only difference is you won't label it a duck by Manny because you are a Manny fan.

Comment

Posting the truth isn't coming up with an excuse. If guys like you and djtmal were honest about things there would be no need for me to post what I did.

It counted. Mosley and Manny chose not to fight Floyd when they were younger and fresher. If you hold that against Floyd, so be it. I guess in your mind it takes something away from Floyd or knocks him down a peg.

Pointing out that about manny relative to the Crawford fight isn't a diss, it's factual. The only difference is you won't label it a duck by Manny because you are a Manny fan.
                      Notice there's a pattern though. It's not just one guy that he didn't fight at that time. He even retired when his division was stacked.

So you said pac is ducking Crawford because arum won't give him the money he wanted but then you said floyd agreed to fight cotto back then but arum wouldn't give him the money he wanted yet this is not a duck and its Arums fault? lol I can't even make this up.

Comment

Working...
                      X