Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vargas-Salido Brawl Averaged 833K Viewers on HBO, Peaks at 954K

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
    1 word: Mexicans.

We are keeping this sport alive.

That is all.
    Not for long.

#Trump2016

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
      What else is there? There isn't much of a non-PBC comparison other than FNF.
      I don't know, it was really more of a statement than a question.

I mean, this PBC/ESPN number isn't much bigger than the 367k Gilberto Ramirez pulled against Gevorg Khatchikian on TruTv.

Just not sure this is what some people expected when the PBC started out.

I do think the PBC will get some kind of network deal, or deals, I'm just not sure they're going to be the size that was being speculated about early last year.
      Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 06-07-2016, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        At this point they failed on the big networks so bad any FOX or NBC deal is out the window. Both big networks have gotten worse ratings each time out they are literally setting alltime low ratings every card they put out on each network. CBS put an axe to those early day weekend cards from last year. Your only hope for a tv is maybe spike but it will be a small deal along the line of what Golden Boy got from FS1 a ESPN2 FNF type budget. Spike has no reason to pay much more then that when they pay little to Bellator and get as good or better ratings. If PBC walks they go strictly MMA or they pay one of the other boxing promoters for a monthly series.

FS1 won't pay for PBC they getting same ratings for Golden Boy Live they could let PBC expire and go back to paying Golden Boy or some other promoter little money for boxing content no need to overpay for PBC. Showtime already has a better boxing brand in Showtime Boxing and can operate business as usual with Haymon on fight by fight basis. CBS hasn't aired a PBC produced fight in like 9 months and when they did the ratings were dreadful but people think CBS is going to pay for a TV deal? SMH PBC can barely afford to pay for these boxing cards and is sending all their relevant fights back to Showtime for a reason.
        You really think Ima read this?

I'll see you in another year.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          PBC on ESPN did 394k
          isnt that amazing. hbo is in way less homes and two relatively unknown fighters did over twice the viewers as espn

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            You really think Ima read this?

I'll see you in another year.
            You read every word who you kidding. You follow me like a groupie

Comment

You read every word who you kidding. You follow me like a groupie
              Definitely didn't read that 2-3 paragraph rant. I bet you buy PBC posters just so you can tear them down. But don't worry, they'll be out of business in another month or two. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                I don't know, it was really more of a statement than a question.

I mean, this PBC/ESPN number isn't much bigger than the 367k Gilberto Ramirez pulled against Gevorg Khatchikian on TruTv.

Just not sure this is what some people expected when the PBC started out.

I do think the PBC will get some kind of network deal, or deals, I'm just not sure they're going to be the size that was being speculated about early last year.
                They are so far in the hole they need a huge TV deal just to break even in say 5-10 years lol. If all they want is to get a cheap TV deal to save face with a similar TruTV/FNF type shoe string budget sure they can get something like that. But what would be the point? Then PBC turns into developmental league for prospects and journey men. That's small potatoes compared to the insane money they were throwing around. At this point it's damn near impossible to see how they are going to recoup their investors money or envision seeing much if any PBC content on networks once the time buy is over. Networks are not going to join PBC in this disastrous dumpster fire.

Haymon fans have moved the goal posts for success so far back that now just matching FNF in ratings is a success. It went from putting HBO and all the promoters out of business and creating the next UFC monopoly to now it's just the irrelevant fights while Haymon sends the top fights to HBO and Showtime.

Comment

Amazing fight, but the weak numbers should be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Definitely didn't read that 2-3 paragraph rant. I bet you buy PBC posters just so you can tear them down. But don't worry, they'll be out of business in another month or two. Right?

Of course you do you love the taste of my nuts in your mouth. And we been through this already when PBC can't afford to pay the networks any more they are done. If PBC want's to extend their life by canceling more dates because they can't afford to pay for fights or go from sending B and C class fighters to D, E and F fighters to PBC to save money they can keep it going...Until the time buys are over. LMAO Unless they are going to swindle hundreds of millions more from new investors (since they all but lost the money of their original investors who suing them by the way). Because networks won't give them a TV deal just so they can join in lawsuits 6-12 months later when PBC loses their money too. Now what about you when is PBC going to get that huge 100 mill TV deal and who's it coming from?

Comment

Now what about you when is PBC going to get that huge 100 mill TV deal and who's it coming from?
                      One of the things I never got about the UFC comparisons (made by those who thought the PBC would get a huge deal comparable to the $100 million the UFC got) was what kind of programming a brand new entity like the PBC would have to offer to a network that could compare to the hours of programming (with ratings) of both new material and archival material that the UFC has?

FS1 doesn't even need a live fight on their network to get good ratings from the UFC....with event previews, weigh-in, prelins, and pre/post fight.

It's hard to see a network committing to that kind of programming for the PBC.

In other words, whatever happened to Corner to Corner?

Comment

Working...
                      X