• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 Mike Tyson vs 2020 Tyson Fury

"Iron" Mike Tyson

5'10.5", 71" reach, 218 lbs

Tyson "Gyspy King" Fury

6'9", 85" reach, 273 lbs

If mike could find a way to slip jab and get within body shot distance he wins. I can c him literally knocking the $h!t outta him with a nasty body shot

Comment

What we saw last night, is the absolute worst type of matchup for ol Mighty. Tyson Fury now has everything it takes to frustrate and force a mental quit out of him. He's enormous and will lean on Mike in every clinch, outbox him from the outside with his gigantic reach advantage and quick footwork, beat him up at every range and taunt him while doing it. Even the way Fury is built(long limbs, very short torso) protects his body.

Tyson doesn't even have a realistic puncher's chance. If he can even reach Fury, he cannot finish what Wilder couldn't even do(and yes Wilder hits harder).

Comment

Tyson fury can take a crack on the chin for sure, as evident when he got up from wilder. But.....who has wilder cracked who's got an ATG chin? 1988 Mike Tyson KO'd Larry Holmes, who had proved his chin against shavers twice, and sorry but deontay does not hit in the realm shavers put guys in. I'd go with the young Mike Tyson, he was just on another level than the other heavyweights of his time and was a destroyer in the ring. If fury came out like he did against Wilder it'd be a quick night for him, plus against Tyson he'd have to come in lower.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
          What we saw last night, is the absolute worst type of matchup for ol Mighty. Tyson Fury now has everything it takes to frustrate and force a mental quit out of him. He's enormous and will lean on Mike in every clinch, outbox him from the outside with his gigantic reach advantage and quick footwork, beat him up at every range and taunt him while doing it. Even the way Fury is built(long limbs, very short torso) protects his body.

Tyson doesn't even have a realistic puncher's chance. If he can even reach Fury, he cannot finish what Wilder couldn't even do(and yes Wilder hits harder).
          - -U took too many head shots to know that Mike knocked out and otherwise beat more quality hvys than did the propped up artifice of
          Deyonce.

I wouldn't be so stupid to know who could win such a match because there is nothing textbook in their contrasting styles.

Comment

I will go with Iron Mike. He toppled a big man in Tyrell Biggs, a former Olympic Gold medal winner with a win over Lewis in the amateurs. Mike would find a way to get on the inside and work that flabby waistline of Fury. Slowly wear Fury down, catch him in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
              Tyson fury can take a crack on the chin for sure, as evident when he got up from wilder. But.....who has wilder cracked who's got an ATG chin? 1988 Mike Tyson KO'd Larry Holmes, who had proved his chin against shavers twice, and sorry but deontay does not hit in the realm shavers put guys in. I'd go with the young Mike Tyson, he was just on another level than the other heavyweights of his time and was a destroyer in the ring. If fury came out like he did against Wilder it'd be a quick night for him, plus against Tyson he'd have to come in lower.
              I agree. I think that Mike would do to Fury like he did to Tony Tucker and make Fury fight to survive, rather than win, thus allowing Mike to pile up points on the judges score cards. Mike by UD

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                I will go with Iron Mike. He toppled a big man in Tyrell Biggs, a former Olympic Gold medal winner with a win over Lewis in the amateurs. Mike would find a way to get on the inside and work that flabby waistline of Fury. Slowly wear Fury down, catch him in the later rounds.
                That's not Tyson's style though, he's a fast starter who mentally and physically weakens the longer the fight goes on. Fury has the advantage from the start but the longer it goes, the more likely it is Tyson gets stopped or tries to do something to get out of the fight like bite Fury's foreskin off.
                Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

Mike has a chance in the first 3-4 rounds if it goes beyond that he will get stopped late or most likely do something stupid out of frustration and get himself disqualified.

Comment

Originally posted by sleazyfellow View Post
                    Well the best chins Tyson faced were Holyfield and Lewis and he couldn't even hurt them. He also struggled to put away the likes of Ruddock, Ribalta etc.

Wilder hasn't ko'd Oliver McCall, but nobody who faced him has not drooled unconcious on the canvas except for Fury, who honestly looked dead the one time Wilder landed clean on him. There is just more force behind Wilder's right hands, he's a harder hitter punch for punch and if Fury can survive that, he takes the best shot from Tyson and survives. Fury is not Desiree Washinton.

Comment

Working...
                    X