Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would judges be better off watching a fight on a monitor backstage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Heres one I thought of: have six judges per a fight, have each set of 3 alternate rounds, so they can look at the rounds carefully for another round. Anything to make the scoring more fair this way...I mean you could have 9 judges or 12 one per a round, whatever, the point being the judges can look carefully at the rounds, and even have a period after the fight where any contraversal rounds, very close can be rescored by all six... and the decision comes in a half hour.

you get the idea.
    As long as promoters fighters trainers getba say there will be dodgy scoring. As lomg as they know who will be judging an up coming fight there exists a chance for corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      You often see the judges ringside leaning over or trying to get a better view of the action Imo, judges should also score a round and then hand in that score after every round and not have a tally of their score in front of them to see. That would curb any crying of someone giving a round late to get their guy back in the fight because they know the total score they have right in front of them.
      Judges do hand in their score after each single round, this is why the referee walks over to the 3 judges, collects a piece of paper from each, then gives it to the guy keeping track of all the scores who is on the 4th side.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
        The only way to lessen the blatant corruption is with open scoring. Would also need some kind of governing body that hold judges and other officials accountable for their actions. If a score is challenged, it would go off to an independant committee, and if they find the score to be way off, there'd be repecussions. I'm talking like the judge who scored for Canelo against Mayweather.
        I can see something like this being an improvement, as long is it doesn't affect, confuse or interrupt the fight itself in any way.

Mainly I think judges should be given a means to provide rational for how they judge each round. There are 4 criteria: clean punching, effective aggressiveness, ring generalship, and defense. A judge should have to indicate which factor or factors most influenced their scoring for each round. Just shade the dots next to the criteria that were most decisive.

These scoring records should be kept as part of every judge's profile. Then we would begin to see patterns that could affect which judges get selected for title bouts at least.

The overarching problem is: How should judges weigh the different criteria? When is "defense" more important than "effective aggressiveness?"

Comment

Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
          As long as promoters fighters trainers getba say there will be dodgy scoring. As lomg as they know who will be judging an up coming fight there exists a chance for corruption.
          Well to discuss the physical issue of neglegiance one has to have provisional faith that competance is a desired outcome.

Comment

Monitors / screens can be hacked though and oresent a different account of what is actually happening in real life. Imagine fighting a Russian fighter? They'd never lose because even if the Russian gets KO'd, the monitor would show the Russian guy KO'ing his opponent

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
              They should be put in a "SAW" like cellar with a device that hinges on correct scoring of a fight or they die.
              I really want to give you so much green. I agree!!!! LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                I really want to give you so much green. I agree!!!! LOL.
                "I really, really want you inside of me right now!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                  "I really, really want you inside of me right now!"
                  nanannanaHnaH, we do not do that. We are hetero and with responsibilities!

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
                    nanannanaHnaH, we do not do that. We are hetero and with responsibilities!
                    I can go for that

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                      why do the rules always have to change when the "boogyman" loses?
                      Whatever motive you think the OP has, this is a good suggestion. A change has to be made. Bad scoring is a huge problem in boxing. Now if you're taking the position that the scoring process should be kept the same, if that's the hill you want to die on, then fine. I'll disagree with you.

Comment

Working...
                      X