Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would judges be better off watching a fight on a monitor backstage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would judges be better off watching a fight on a monitor backstage?

I've been to plenty of live fights and sat ringside and IMO the view kinda blows. I prefer to sit up on an angle where I can see over the ropes for a better view of all the action in the ring. The ropes definitely obstruct your view when sitting lower down.

You often see the judges ringside leaning over or trying to get a better view of the action through the ropes because they are not above where they'd be able to see everything going .

Also, you cant beat being at a fight live for the excitement but watching it on TV gives you a much better close up view of the action and better view of every punch thrown.

Imo, judges should also score a round and then hand in that score after every round and not have a tally of their score in front of them to see. That would curb any crying of someone giving a round late to get their guy back in the fight because they know the total score they have right in front of them.

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    I've been to plenty of live fights and sat ringside and IMO the view kinda blows. I prefer to sit up on an angle where I can see over the ropes for a better view of all the action in the ring. The ropes definitely obstruct your view when sitting lower down.

You often see the judges ringside leaning over or trying to get a better view of the action through the ropes because they are not above where they'd be able to see everything going .

Also, you cant beat being at a fight live for the excitement but watching it on TV gives you a much better close up view of the action and better view of every punch thrown.

Imo, judges should also score a round and then hand in that score after every round and not have a tally of their score in front of them to see. That would curb any crying of someone giving a round late to get their guy back in the fight because they know the total score they have right in front of them.
    Judges arent there for excitment. They are there to work. Yes they should watch in a room alone on a monitor. They should also be anonymous. Promotors fighters trainers should have no say. And they should have a strict criterea to judge.

Comment

The only way to lessen the blatant corruption is with open scoring. Would also need some kind of governing body that hold judges and other officials accountable for their actions. If a score is challenged, it would go off to an independant committee, and if they find the score to be way off, there'd be repecussions. I'm talking like the judge who scored for Canelo against Mayweather.

Comment

They should be put in a "SAW" like cellar with a device that hinges on correct scoring of a fight or they die.

Comment

Originally posted by AneesMoha View Post
          Judges arent there for excitment. They are there to work. Yes they should watch in a room alone on a monitor. They should also be anonymous. Promotors fighters trainers should have no say. And they should have a strict criterea to judge.
          I agree about the anonymity part 100%

No reason for campus to be able to choose who they approve of to judge the fights. Unfortunately as in Vegas, people like Adelaide Byrd have jobs though and continue to get work even after proving to be incompetent . So you cant trust the commission to correctly choose

Comment

why do the rules always have to change when the "boogyman" loses?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
              This topic has been going on for decades it's not something new thats popped up since GGG lost.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
                The only way to lessen the blatant corruption is with open scoring. Would also need some kind of governing body that hold judges and other officials accountable for their actions. If a score is challenged, it would go off to an independant committee, and if they find the score to be way off, there'd be repecussions. I'm talking like the judge who scored for Canelo against Mayweather.
                I agree with this 100%. Am not sure how sports in the states work when it comes to officials being responsible. But major international sports like Soccer, Rugby, Cricket all have independent wings of the sport's governing bodies who monitor the performance of match officials. I know that in soccer they have a panel of retired refs watch the performace of the officials and they have to sit through a debriefing process where the panel questions the ref.

Would be difficult with boxing since there isnt only one global governing body.

But someone needs to come up with something.

Comment

Make sure they listen to the TV commentary too so that they form the same opinion as the fans and everyone ends up happy

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    Stop being a moron.
                    This **** has been going on for ages yet the sport never makes any effort to right the wrongs.

Comment

Working...
                    X