No announcement yet.

Listen, We've All Seen This Before...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen, We've All Seen This Before...

...and you don't need a crystal ball to know what has to happen.

If they fight in Vegas, it will be 50/50.

If they fight in the UK, it will be at least 60/40 and possibly 55/45, depending on how well their next fights go.

I don't think there is any doubt Wilder sparks Breazeale out, and it won't take the same 7 rounds it took AJ two years ago either. Think more like a repeat of the Stiverne KO.

Meanwhile, AJ will stop Povetkin, but only after his own second trial by fire. The Russian can bang and, after Ortiz, is the most skilled guy in the division- at least til Fury gets his act together. I can almost promise a rougher outing than many think.

Stellar outing by Wilder + another so-so performance by AJ and it will be clear to anyone it wasn't to before that the guy with 3 belts just may not be THE GUY afterall.

And the pressure will increase exponentially to make the match.

Financially too.

And it shouldn't be a shock cuz we have seen it before.

Canelo was a much bigger star 2 and a half years ago than AJ is now, and yet ultimately public opinion (and the money, don't forget the money) forced him into the ring with Golovkin.

This will happen faster with the heavies. As I just said, AJ aint as popular as Saul was. Also, there is no weight class difference to argue over or act as a reason to forestall things.

The fight will happen next year.

And it will be a better split than Parker's 35% or so.

Or AJ will see those sold out stadiums disappear.

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post

If they fight in the UK, it will be at least 60/40 and possibly 55/45, depending on how well their next fights go.

I don't think there is any doubt Wilder sparks Breazeale out, and it won't take the same 7 rounds it took AJ two years ago either. Think more like a repeat of the Stiverne KO.

Meanwhile, AJ will stop Povetkin, but only after his own second trial by fire. The Russian can bang and, after Ortiz, is the most skilled guy in the division- at least til Fury gets his act together. I can almost promise a rougher outing than many think.

Stellar outing by Wilder + another so-so performance by AJ and it will be clear to anyone it wasn't to before that the guy with 3 belts just may not be THE GUY afterall.

Financially too.

Canelo was a much bigger star 2 and a half years ago than AJ is now, and yet ultimately public opinion (and the money, don't forget the money) forced him into the ring with Golovkin.

This will happen faster with the heavies. As I just said, AJ aint as popular as Saul was. Also, there is no weight class difference to argue over or act as a reason to forestall things.

Parker got nowhere near 35%, as has been confirmed many times.

Also, AJ is a bigger star than Canelo. Canelo needs a dance partner, hence why he does about 300k PPV's against Liam Smith. AJ does around 1m v Takam. Neither are global stars. Nobody gives a **** about either outside of their respective countries or where they fight.

Wilder will and should not get 50% v AJ, regardless of location. It's just not going to happen. Hearn and AJ won't entertain the idea of giving him that much when he isn't a draw. of course, AJ isn't a star outside of UK, just as Canelo isn't a star outside of Mexico and among some USA Sports fans...but if Canelo fought outside of those countries, he's still be the A-side over anyone simply because of the numbers he does in general. AJ will be the same. Nobody is getting close to 50% v AJ anytime soon.

I'd like to see Wilder flatten him, but Wilder needs to realise he is worth nowhere near 50%.

Comment

we have all seen a guy try to get parity with a guy who outsells him by 60k fans, a million ppvs and makes 20 million more? i dont remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        Parker got nowhere near 35%, as has been confirmed many times.

Also, AJ is a bigger star than Canelo. Canelo needs a dance partner, hence why he does about 300k PPV's against Liam Smith. AJ does around 1m v Takam. Neither are global stars. Nobody gives a **** about either outside of their respective countries or where they fight.

Wilder will and should not get 50% v AJ, regardless of location. It's just not going to happen. Hearn and AJ won't entertain the idea of giving him that much when he isn't a draw. of course, AJ isn't a star outside of UK, just as Canelo isn't a star outside of Mexico and among some USA Sports fans...but if Canelo fought outside of those countries, he's still be the A-side over anyone simply because of the numbers he does in general. AJ will be the same. Nobody is getting close to 50% v AJ anytime soon.

I'd like to see Wilder flatten him, but Wilder needs to realise he is worth nowhere near 50%.
        I don’t think AJ is a bigger star then Canelo. No way. Canelo has sold over a million and even had part of a 2 million plus. And in the fact that canelos Ppvs are 4x more expensive than ajs and Canelo os selling ppvs in a foreign land. AJ is selling his $20 ppvs in his home country

Comment

Originally posted by thebiglug View Post
          parker got nowhere near 35%, as has been confirmed many times.

also, aj is a bigger star than canelo. Canelo needs a dance partner, hence why he does about 300k ppv's against liam smith. Aj does around 1m v takam. Neither are global stars. Nobody gives a **** about either outside of their respective countries or where they fight.

Wilder will and should not get 50% v aj, regardless of location. It's just not going to happen. Hearn and aj won't entertain the idea of giving him that much when he isn't a draw. Of course, aj isn't a star outside of uk, just as canelo isn't a star outside of mexico and among some usa sports fans...but if canelo fought outside of those countries, he's still be the a-side over anyone simply because of the numbers he does in general. Aj will be the same. Nobody is getting close to 50% v aj anytime soon.

I'd like to see wilder flatten him, but wilder needs to realise he is worth nowhere near 50%.
          lmfao!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
            lmfao!!!!!!!!
            That's why I didn't even bother...

Comment

Smh!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think you are wrong. As long as AJ keep winning he will continue to sell out stadiums and make huge money even if he never fights Wilder. As long as AJ keeps winning the idea of him fighting Wilder in Vegas with a 50/50 split is just your fantasy. That will NEVER HAPPEN in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post

Financially too.

You just forgot one thing: Joshua is literally on an island, where he only need to keep winning to keep cashing

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                    I don’t think AJ is a bigger star then Canelo. No way. Canelo has sold over a million and even had part of a 2 million plus. And in the fact that canelos Ppvs are 4x more expensive than ajs and Canelo os selling ppvs in a foreign land. AJ is selling his $20 ppvs in his home country
                    Yeah but AJ is doing almost 1m PPV's against guys like Takam in a country with 5x less people. So scale that up using a ratio of population:buys and that's the equivalent of 5m PPV buys.

Now for arguments sake, lets take into account they might be 3X
                    or 4x more expensive in the USA, lets say those equivalent of 5m buys get divided by 4, it'd still be the equivalent of around 1.25m buys.

And anyway, lets imagine USA PPV's were around $30 and using the population:buys ratio. Do you think that Canelo could do 5m buys v someone on the level of Takam? not at all. We saw v Liam Smith that he doesn't do big numbers without a good name opponent.

Lets be honest, Canelo only gets Joshua's volume of buys when he faces another huge name to drive the PPV.

Canelo is from a country with a large population and fights in a country with a huge population and only has half of the social media followers that AJ does and as stupid as that is, it is a very good way of measuring popularity in todays world.

Anyway, i'm not even an AJ fan. I hope Povetkin flattens him but the fact is that he is a bigger star than Canelo. Neither are worldwide stars though. People need to stop listening to HBO and Canelo's promoters. Boxing has been desperate for a new "face of boxing" since Floyd retired but Canelo is not it, as much as they try to tell everyone he is, his ability to drive numbers on his own is pretty weak. AJ can carry PPV's on his own. People need to realise that nobody cares about Canelo in other countries, like nobody cares about AJ in other countries. Just that AJ does better numbers when you look at it properly and in a relative manner.

I'm dealing with facts...

Give me evidence to suggest Canelo is a bigger name except the PPV he did with Floyd...because it's Floyd!
                    Last edited by TheBigLug; 07-14-2018, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X