Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angel Garcia says they have a rematch with Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Danny can win a rematch. Just needs to be more active.

Comment

I said before the fight Thurman's style was all wrong for him and a rematch would be no different. Danny just isn't active enough to beat Thurman and doesn't match up well with a lot of top guys at 147.

Comment

Danny needs to hire a better trainer. And he needs to be more active if he wants to beat Thurman.

Comment

It was a very good fight and i would love to see a rematch.

Comment

The first fight did not provide me with enough entertainment to warrant a rematch, or was it close enough. It was one guy showing that he is a better boxer overall based on the criteria it takes to score a round in boxing.

Now if you throw them in a small pit where Thurman can't dance around as easily, this would be a all out war. A great fight, then.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I highly doubt they've agreed to a rematch already. Maybe a non-binding verbal agreement at best.

Beyond all that what difference does it make? What does Danny do differently in a rematch that gets him the win? All I can think is he fights closer to Philly & gets more Danny friendly judges. I saw very little adjusting by Danny to deal with what Thurman was bringing & if Thurman hadn't tried his best ODLH vs Tito impression in the last couple rounds the fight wouldn't have even been a split decision. Danny needs a trainer who can get him to make tactical changes in a fight or take risks to win when things aren't going well like last Saturday. I don't believe Angel in the corner offers that & I'm an Angel fan, but he's never seemed like the best trainer & alls well & good as long as you're winning. Once you lose you need to figure out how you can get better & one obvious move is a more experienced & seasoned trainer in the corner.
              Danny Garcia walks into the rematch knowing that he can take Thurman's punch, and Thurman walks into the rematch knowing that Danny Garcia can take his punch.

Once everyone understands that, the rematch is dueling pistols (once Danny's body shots get Thurman to set his feet) for the full 12. Another competitive and close fight, likely ending with someone winning 7-5.

Danny gets on those couter hook combinations earlier, and the fight gets even more competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                You post on a boxing forum. We are boxing nerds here. There are maybe 100,000 of us in the US at most. Some guys on here even watch Rigo fights. So of course you would watch it again on CBS.

But the majority of people, would rather Thurman face someone different in an exciting match up: Brook, Spence, Manny, Crawford, even Broner would make more sense.
                Yea it would but doesn't mean boxing fans would not watch again. I defiantly would. Yeah Thurman won the fight but he was not dominate because he ran like a chicken shis at the end.

Simple I would like to see it again to see if Danny would cut off the ring or try and fight inside.

I enjoyed the fight until Thurmans Corner gave him the worst advise of all.

Comment

Please, say it ain't so! Danny is going to need to get a new trainer if he stands any chance of defeating Keith Thurman.

Comment

You guys saying that Danny just needs to be more active...easier said than done. I mean yeah it seems simple -- just be more active, right?

But that's how Danny fights. His style isn't tailored to "being busy". It's not who he is and how he fights. So to think that a trainer change of some overnight revelation is all it's going to take for him to all of a sudden become a busier fighter is highly, highly unlikely.

He's almost 30 now and is what, 34 fights into his professional career? He is what he is.

Comment

Since when did this Swift family became interested in rematches? Khan has been asking for a rematch for years. And this is the same Khan Hearn and Brook see as a walking $$$$.

Swift family would rather fight another Salka. Angel is lying.

Comment

Working...
                      X