No announcement yet.

Lara fights the completely wrong style once again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
    Ok, the guy show he can fight in the packet. It was as entertaining as any fight. It was a close fight decide by a knock down in the last minute of the fight and still Lara doesn't get credit. If he start running and get "robbed" or "wins", he is boring, he gave us a war and doesn't get the credit he deserve...
    He barely punched in the pocket. Sitting in there in the high-guard hardly means he can fight in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      In the Canelo fight he runs around the ring for 12 rounds and loses a fight he would have easily won had he mixed It up a little more often and against a huge brawler type in Hurd, he stands his ground and fights.

You'd think he would have tried to fight the style he did vs Canelo and win easily on points and stay out of harms way. And before you tell me he's older and Hurd wore him down, Lara came out fighting this way last night and then eventually he did get worn down, anyone would fighting ag aisnt Hurd that way.
      It's because their styles are totally different. Canelo is not the one to chase a boxer around the ring like Hurd did. He is not a pressure fighter but a counter punching fighter. Hurd forced Lara into that firefight with his relentless pressure.

Comment

What a great scrap. Lara is such a slick talented fighter. Hurd was just too big and strong for him. Apart from the knockdown it could have gone either way. Lara hung in there with Hurd and abandoned his typical hit and run style. Great fight.

Comment

Lara had no other choice. Canelo is not a pressure fighter. Hurd's pressure is insane and forced him to engage. Lara was good though and showed heart stood his ground and did land effective counterpunches. Hurd was just too damn big and Lara couldn't hurt him. Hurd looked like a LHW in the ring. He can't stay at 154 for much longer.

Much respect to Lara, love to see him back in the ring again.

Comment

Eh. Hard to try and box someone that has longer arms than you. Much less when you hit him with your good punch and they walk through it to land theirs even. Good game plan just needed more execution on Lara’s part. I thought he did very well. He was accurate effective and experienced when needed and all. Just Hurd was more active overall. Can just be youth at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post
              Ok, the guy show he can fight in the packet. It was as entertaining as any fight. It was a close fight decide by a knock down in the last minute of the fight and still Lara doesn't get credit. If he start running and get "robbed" or "wins", he is boring, he gave us a war and doesn't get the credit he deserve...
              In no way did I discredit Lara at all. He fought his heart out but leaning into Hurd and taking body shots and uppercut instead of moving and snapping off 1-2 like he did vs Canelo was ultimately his downfall.

Hurd is a fking huge monster at 154 with a head the size of a watermelon and apparently a rock solid chin and stamina so he's a beast but I thought Lara would fight differently and so did Hurd according to a thread just posted with quotes that say as much from Hurd

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                I initially thought it was a bad gameplan but came to realize it was probably the smarter choice. Too much movement would've caused him to be completely gassed out in the later rounds where everybody knew Hurd was going to come on strong. If anything, fighting mid range and closer preserved his energy to see the final bell. I think that it was Lara's lack of power (he was landing at will early on but had little effect) and Hurd's insane workrate that earned him the razor close win. Even so, Lara fought very well up until the later rounds, and if he doesn't get dropped in the 12th, the fight would have been a draw. Hard fought fight for both men and you have to give them props.
                I agreed with you. At the end one punch decide the fight. That is how close this fight was.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  In no way did I discredit Lara at all. He fought his heart out but leaning into Hurd and taking body shots and uppercut instead of moving and snapping off 1-2 like he did vs Canelo was ultimately his downfall.

Hurd is a fking huge monster at 154 with a head the size of a watermelon and apparently a rock solid chin and stamina so he's a beast but I thought Lara would fight differently and so did Hurd according to a thread just posted with quotes that say as much from Hurd
                  I thought he would stick and move. Maybe the ring wasn't big enough or he didn't have the legs to do it. maybe 34 years old can't move like he use to. I remember Whitaker has to stop and fight a little bit more after he hit 34. In any case if you are going to go out, this is the way to do it. Hurd is young and strong, but he stop everything with his face. A heavy hitter would have a field day. Charlo is younger and in his prime. Should be a good scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    It’s called American blacks are stronger than cubaL
                    Hurd is literally bigger and stronger yes. That's his only real skill aside from stamina.

Comment

I don't think Lara's legs are gone.. when someone pressures you all night it's tiresome.
                      I think Lara and Ronnie shields came with a bad gameplan. No disrespect to coach Shields, but I can see why Charlo left him. I don't think Lara threw a straight left to the body all night. Guys that are easy to hit usually have their body ignored which in turn actually helps them in the long run.. If you're punching a guy in the face all night, it does nothing really if he can see them coming. One thing about having a not so good and slick defense is although you might get tagged..you usually see the majority of punches coming.

Comment

Working...
                      X