Comment

i dont agree, but if someone makes thecase im not like "GTO" Either

He's certainly in the debate

Comment

P4P in his prime this man is better IMO

Comment

paulie's tripping

Comment

Best of this era? Yes. Best of all time? No.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                P4P in his prime this man is better IMO

Roy was a bad man, but didn't have Floyd's work ethic or IQ, and in the end, ended his career with a thud so he won't get the nod, but I realize you said his prime...but you could say that about a lot of fighters. I'm not sure there are 5 heavyweights in Boxing history that could have beat Tyson in 86-88 but its the entire career that matters.

Floyd > Roy

But I do agree with you on your signature.

Comment

Not the best ever. He would need the resume or if not the resume fight as often and beat as many challengers of note as possible. He hasn't got the resume of a SRR and hasn't faced anyone close to a SRR and SRR would beat Floyd at WW anyhow.

He needs to fight and beat people with as good as resume as himself. Canelo was coming off of a very good win but it was at 152 and Canelo wasn't a p4p top fighter.
                  So it still stands he needs to fight Sergio, Khan in uk, and even Pac if Pac comes back to form, at some point. And then when Floyd is retired can he be judged.
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 09-16-2013, 02:19 PM.

Comment

He's without a doubt in the discussion now. He's certainly has a longer reign at the top than just about anyone, but it's the way he's beating the bests in the sport the last several years that stands out. Floyd is just 2 or 3 levels above any other fighter near his weight. Alvarez beats any other fighter in the world 154 and under and Floyd just nearly shut him out.

The people criticizing Canelo right now are funny, Canelo would knock anyone at 147's head off. There's a few guys at 154 that would give Canelo a good fight, Floyds the only one out there who could give up 16 pounds to a heavy handed fighter and still take him to school. Anyone else gets hit too much to deal with that big of a power disparity.

Comment

Working...
                    X