Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys understand AJ is the A side?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys understand AJ is the A side?

AJ and Hearn will give wilder an offer. He can accept or not.

Wilder can offer $100M for all they care. They need to understand Hearn and AJ are going to control the promotion for the fight if and when it gets made.

We know AJ is the A side, Wilder needs to understand that also. Then we will have the fight.

Comment

He is the A side until they meet then he'll be on the L side.

Comment

No one is disputing that.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post

Wilder can offer $100M for all they care. They need to understand Hearn and AJ are going to control the promotion for the fight if and when it gets made.
          Oh for sure. That's a perfectly reasonable position. I'm not saying Hearn should accept the offer. All I'm saying is that his excuses for not accepting are nonsense.

The real reasons are precisely what you're describing. He has the A-side and no matter how much money Wilder offers, Hearn is going to be reluctant to give up control of the promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post

Every rational poster realizes this. What AJ's fans need to accept is being the a side means you can't then treat him like he's a high risk, low reward b side.

As the a side if the fight doesn't happen it means AJ chose someone else and then structured the offer in such a way that Wilder's reps would advise him to not accept it. It means AJ/Hearn wants to make high earning easy defenses before fighting Wilder, something all rational posters understand.

It would be nice if AJ's fans just admitted this.

No more, no less.

Comment

I think the assumption is that Joshua has more to gain by postponing it because he will continue to improve more than Wilder will. That is not why I want the fight to happen. I want it to happen in a way because Golovkin Alvarez got cancelled, but between the two fights I would rather see Joshua Wilder because I already saw Golovkin Alvarez.

Comment

AJ is the b side. He's just a big, stiff idiot.

Comment

Joshua is where WIlder wants to be. Beggars can't be chooses. What's funny is Wilders BS PR stunt just set Joshua's minimum value at 50 mil. If I was Hearn i'd base all negotiations from now on around Joshua taking the first 50 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Every rational poster realizes this. What AJ's fans need to accept is being the a side means you can't then treat him like he's a high risk, low reward b side.

As the a side if the fight doesn't happen it means AJ chose someone else and then structured the offer in such a way that Wilder's reps would advise him to not accept it. It means AJ/Hearn wants to make high earning easy defenses before fighting Wilder, something all rational posters understand.

It would be nice if AJ's fans just admitted this.

No more, no less.
                    Couldn't agree more with this. AJ fans are dense.

Comment

Working...
                    X