No announcement yet.

Kovalev vs GGG at 175 right now..who wins and why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfknredy View Post
    Man I don't think you really keeping it real on a number of those items...no offense to ya...and why call a guy you don't like a derogatory name? Kind of makes you look small imo, and also makes any critique you would have of that guy fall flat, since you are pretty clearly emotionally invested in it and maybe aren't being objective about the guy etc.

Imo DJ has been better at 160 compared to Barrera at 175..DJ is pretty big for a MW too, don't know why you threw that one in there lol...and yeah his chin was a problem...for whatever reason though it has held up his last few fights, much to my surprise...I always gave DJ a chance vs GGG, but not to go 12 rounds...didn't think the chin would hold up...maybe he got some injections in it lol...going 12 with GGG SD Sulecki and Canelo is surprising for him/his chin.

I would also say Murray was about the same level as the DJ win for GGG...and Lemieux more or less as well...maybe Geale if you wanted to throw him in...I saw GGG get two pretty straightforward Ws vs Canelo too so I would have those as his 2 'best' wins.

Never watched Bika-Calzaghe...but yeah Bika-Ward was like 50-50 fight imo...if you didn't know who either guy was and if the fight was in a neutral environment either guy could have won...I just don't really see how anyone can say Ward dominated anything in that fight.

How are you honestly going to say that BHop is a bigger puncher than Canelo lol...BHop was not a big puncher...and Canelo held the center of the ring very well in fight 2, but the only round where GGG even boxed off the back foot for any extended period of time was round 5, and that was actually one of GGG's best/clearest rounds imo.

Also Canelo is a pressure fighter, that was never BHop's game...so style wise I don't really see how one could say Hopkins would hurt GGG with his punches or would walk him down...just saw no evidence of that from either guy in their career...DJ punched harder than BHop and so does Canelo honestly....Lemieux as well.

So yeah man no offense but I just don't think you are keeping it too real on this one...maybe you are a big Ward fan as your avatar indicates so you may just see red with anything and everything Golovkin.

Also - did you think Ward won the first Kov fight? Just noticed your 32-0 record for Ward and was wondering about that...just can't see how anyone could get to 5 rounds for Andre in that fight, let alone 7.

I don't respect lil g, not going to hide that but I provide facts to back it up & not just name calling.

DJ is better at 160 because 160 is one of the weakest divisions in boxing. You got multiple top 5-10 guys going to 168+ & getting their asses straight up KICKED, Chavez Jr., Murray, Eubank, Brant etc. While you also got multiple 154lbers invading the division & wrecking shop, Canelo, Charlo, Andrade etc. He's also only 5'11, JT, Hopkins, Pavlik, Priog were all taller, DJs size is pretty average he's just fighting in a small 160 divison.

Regarding Hopkins he does hit just as hard if not harder than Canelo. Like 80% of Canelos KOs have come when he was a WW. Since then the only stopped 2 guys never stopped before & that was Smith & Lopez. Canelo is not a power puncher by any means. Nor is Lemieux, watch Alcine-Lemieux, Alcine walked through cleeean power punches on the chin & stopped him.

Khan, Kirkland, Angulo, Fielding his most recent stoppages had previously been stopped earlier than what Canelo did. His lack of power was also shown against a drained Chavez Jr. Whom Fonfara (50% KO ratio compared to Canelos 64%) stopped even though Chavez was 200+ & did it a year before Canelo did.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      I don't respect lil g, not going to hide that but I provide facts to back it up & not just name calling.

DJ is better at 160 because 160 is one of the weakest divisions in boxing. You got multiple top 5-10 guys going to 168+ & getting their asses straight up KICKED, Chavez Jr., Murray, Eubank, Brant etc. While you also got multiple 154lbers invading the division & wrecking shop, Canelo, Charlo, Andrade etc. He's also only 5'11, JT, Hopkins, Pavlik, Priog were all taller, DJs size is pretty average he's just fighting in a small 160 divison.

Regarding Hopkins he does hit just as hard if not harder than Canelo. Like 80% of Canelos KOs have come when he was a WW. Since then the only stopped 2 guys never stopped before & that was Smith & Lopez. Canelo is not a power puncher by any means. Nor is Lemieux, watch Alcine-Lemieux, Alcine walked through cleeean power punches on the chin & stopped him.

Khan, Kirkland, Angulo, Fielding his most recent stoppages had previously been stopped earlier than what Canelo did. His lack of power was also shown against a drained Chavez Jr. Whom Fonfara (50% KO ratio compared to Canelos 64%) stopped even though Chavez was 200+ & did it a year before Canelo did.
      I mean GGG was an ATG MW in the ams...great record and silver Olympic medal and all that...and has been an ATG pro at MW...helped in some degree by the fact that he has fought basically his whole career at MW...but not sure what there is to not respect lol...dude has been a great boxer and had a great career.

I just feel like you're kind of putting your own little spin on everything instead of keeping it a little more real...Canelo (in fight 2) with GGG was holding his own very well, and was forcing Danny to box on the back foot...obviously the man has some power.

Chavez Jr/Brant/Eubank either weren't really that good at 160 and/or didn't really get 'their ass kicked' at 168 lol...they may have lost a fight or two at 168 but they were never really the top guys at 160 either, and lost a fight or two at 160 as well.

Murray was a top guy at one point at 160 then he went up and lost a close decision to Abraham (many feel he won) and then got beat in 12 rounds by Groves...no real shame in that, Groves was a top SMW...all four of those guys you mentioned performed about the same at 168 as they did at 160.

DJ must rehydrate to 180 or close on fight night...he is listed as 6'0 from what I can tell, but in any event 5'11-6'-0 is pretty tall for a MW...it's about body-type as much as height anyway.

But yeah anyway man I don't think you are too out of line with some of your points...but tbh you seem to just try and go overboard with some of them and it kind of seems like you have an agenda...like being adamant that BHop was a bigger puncher than Canelo.

Or saying Lemieux doesn't have power...like that's all he has bro lol...also iirc Lemieux was struggling at that time with his stamina, and that was why he folded against Rubio after starting strong, and I believe the same thing happened vs Alcine...once you get tired your power will fade a bit.

But anyway I guess we will agree to disagree on some of this stuff my friend! No shame in that...all we can do is look at stuff objectively and try to call it like we see it!

Comment

50%, Jesus Christ

(Original Vote 30 Kova, 29 lil g)
        Last edited by Cutthroat; 10-05-2019, 11:20 PM.

Comment

kovalev dwarfs ggg after what i saw tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
            I mean GGG was an ATG MW in the ams...great record and silver Olympic medal and all that...and has been an ATG pro at MW...helped in some degree by the fact that he has fought basically his whole career at MW...but not sure what there is to not respect lol...dude has been a great boxer and had a great career.

I just feel like you're kind of putting your own little spin on everything instead of keeping it a little more real...Canelo (in fight 2) with GGG was holding his own very well, and was forcing Danny to box on the back foot...obviously the man has some power.

Chavez Jr/Brant/Eubank either weren't really that good at 160 and/or didn't really get 'their ass kicked' at 168 lol...they may have lost a fight or two at 168 but they were never really the top guys at 160 either, and lost a fight or two at 160 as well.

Murray was a top guy at one point at 160 then he went up and lost a close decision to Abraham (many feel he won) and then got beat in 12 rounds by Groves...no real shame in that, Groves was a top SMW...all four of those guys you mentioned performed about the same at 168 as they did at 160.

DJ must rehydrate to 180 or close on fight night...he is listed as 6'0 from what I can tell, but in any event 5'11-6'-0 is pretty tall for a MW...it's about body-type as much as height anyway.

But yeah anyway man I don't think you are too out of line with some of your points...but tbh you seem to just try and go overboard with some of them and it kind of seems like you have an agenda...like being adamant that BHop was a bigger puncher than Canelo.

Or saying Lemieux doesn't have power...like that's all he has bro lol...also iirc Lemieux was struggling at that time with his stamina, and that was why he folded against Rubio after starting strong, and I believe the same thing happened vs Alcine...once you get tired your power will fade a bit.

But anyway I guess we will agree to disagree on some of this stuff my friend! No shame in that...all we can do is look at stuff objectively and try to call it like we see it!
            Alcine put on a clinic and left Lemmy with no answer.

Comment

Kovalev will destroy Little G

Comment

Originally posted by REdrUm0351 View Post
                Alcine weighed 157lbs that bout & walked through him.

Comment

Kell Brook had GGG's nose bleeding.

Comment

Originally posted by REdrUm0351 View Post
                    Yeah to be honest I never really watched all of it

Comment

Working...
                    X