Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A fighter averaging 75 punches a round and looking as fresh as the opening bell......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OP has just showed the forum he knows nothing about boxing

Comment

I remember when Margarito fought Clotty. He threw almost 1700 punches.
      Williams threw over 1200 punches against Margarito

Zack Padilla W12 Ray Oliveria (3,020 punches thrown overall)

Some fighters can toss punches all night.

Comment

Some fighters have good stamina and some don't, some fighters put too much power on each shot and as a result they get tired and some don't, some fighters manage to stay calm and relaxed in the ring which leads them to have very good stamina and concentration down the stretch, some fighters don't know how to relax.

Spence happens to be one of the fighters who naturally have good stamina, he doesn't load up or put too much power on unnecessary shots and he's calm and collected in there despite him not having that many fights as a pro. Plus he works hard and doesn't seem to have bad habits outside of the ring. Welterweight is Spence' first weight class so I wouldn't be suspect of him now, but if he moves up several weight classes while performing the same way then we should be worried but as long as he's getting tested now and he never tested positive then it's all good. Credit to him.

Comment

If there is some kind of PED that turns good boxers into Spence quality boxers I think we would be seeing more boxers as good as Spence. I think he is a naturally gifted boxer who trains hard and is dedicated to perfecting his skills. Unless he tests positive for something illegal I will assume his stamina is due to good genetics, good nutrition and good hard training all of which are legal.

Comment

Before the Jacobs fight, didn't GGG throw close to 66 punches per fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
              Some fighters have good stamina and some don't, some fighters put too much power on each shot and as a result they get tired and some don't, some fighters manage to stay calm and relaxed in the ring which leads them to have very good stamina and concentration down the stretch, some fighters don't know how to relax.

Spence happens to be one of the fighters who naturally have good stamina, he doesn't load up or put too much power on unnecessary shots and he's calm and collected in there despite him not having that many fights as a pro. Plus he works hard and doesn't seem to have bad habits outside of the ring. Welterweight is Spence' first weight class so I wouldn't be suspect of him now, but if he moves up several weight classes while performing the same way then we should be worried but as long as he's getting tested now and he never tested positive then it's all good. Credit to him.
              And he doesn't waste a lot of energy with unnecessary movement. Robbie Barrett is just taking a number and not factoring in other factors. Robbie is usually better than this.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                Pryor might not be the best example for the point you're trying to make...with the whole water bottle incident and all.
                Exactly, and after this video

Comment

Zaragoza was punching non-stop against McCullough and looked like he'd just taken a stroll in the park. Watch him in between the later rounds: looked like a mannequin with no heavy breathing at all.

Comment

old robbie barret is on the case.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      If there is some kind of PED that turns good boxers into Spence quality boxers I think we would be seeing more boxers as good as Spence. I think he is a naturally gifted boxer who trains hard and is dedicated to perfecting his skills. Unless he tests positive for something illegal I will assume his stamina is due to good genetics, good nutrition and good hard training all of which are legal.
                      NAH bdogs spence is suspect AF!

Comment

Working...
                      X