Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ten most overrated actors of all time...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
    Really?

Check if he won an award for "Four weddings and a funeral"

Also "About a boy" and Nothing Hill

Crappy movie that he was getting a lot of praise in that time.
    Those films are a fictional representation of England for the purposes of Fat Yankistanians who want to spend money believing everyone is posh and eccentric. And white.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
      Those films are a fictional representation of England for the purposes of Fat Yankistanians who want to spend money believing everyone is posh and eccentric. And white.
      LOL, if you say so. Bottom line he is over-rated.

Comment

LOL, if you say so. Bottom line he is over-rated.
        How is he "over-rated" if no one's rating him?

Okay, he won a BAFTA and a Golden Globe, but he also won "Annie's 'Cunt of the Year' Award", 1994.

Nowhere in reality is anyone watching a Hugh Grant movie and saying "fuck me, for a minute there I thought I was watching Daniel Day Lewis."

Comment

How is he "over-rated" if no one's rating him?

Okay, he won a BAFTA and a Golden Globe, but he also won "Annie's 'Cunt of the Year' Award", 1994.

Nowhere in reality is anyone watching a Hugh Grant movie and saying "fuck me, for a minute there I thought I was watching Daniel Day Lewis."
          Nobody acts like Daniel Day Lewis.

In the states for a while Grant was a big actor and chicks loved him. Until he got caught with that hoe and his woman left him.

Comment

Definitely.

Crazy that nobody has stepped into those easy to fill shoes tbh.

Or maybe pop culture and global politics has now burst that bubble.

Every American I’ve met has thought I’m Australian and I’ve got a bang standard Thames estuary accent that every c.unt has in and around London

Comment

no idea how keanu reeves is an actor hes more wooden than david prices body

Comment

Keanu Reeves might not be a good actor but I love a lot of his movies.

Point Break
                The Matrix series
                Speed
                The Devil's Advocate
                Constantine
                the John Wick series
                the Bill and Ted movies

Comment

Most of the Harry Potter kids deserve a mention here too.

Emma Watson. She’s improved a tiny bit and she seems a smart person in real life in interviews and such but she’s just so unconvincing. She could drop her pants and take a s.hit on the floor in front of me and I’d believe her actual turd must the result of some impossibly expensive CGI.

You can see why Spielberg wanted to cast all yanklets when they wanted him to direct.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Most of the Harry Potter kids deserve a mention here too.

Emma Watson. She’s improved a tiny bit and she seems a smart person in real life in interviews and such but she’s just so unconvincing. She could drop her pants and take a s.hit on the floor in front of me and I’d believe her actual turd must the result of some impossibly expensive CGI.

You can see why Spielberg wanted to cast all yanklets when they wanted him to direct.
                    I've heard of s h i t y examples...

Comment

Nobody acts like Daniel Day Lewis.

In the states for a while Grant was a big actor and chicks loved him. Until he got caught with that hoe and his woman left him.
                      I'm not saying the guy wasn't a dish, and I'm not saying he wasn't popular. There was a time when he was massive.

All I'm saying is, if I went to Stratford to watch the latest production of the RSC, I wouldn't expect to see Hugh headlining.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Keanu Reeves might not be a good actor but I love a lot of his movies.

Point Break
                      The Matrix series
                      Speed
                      The Devil's Advocate
                      Constantine
                      the John Wick series
                      the Bill and Ted movies
                      I like him, too. He's watchable, and likeable. And seems a decent guy.

Ironically, that awkward/stiff acting style he does is perfect for Bill (or was he Ted?).

I once saw an actor play someone really stiff and fake-acting, that was the part. I thought they were a great actor. Then I saw them in other stuff.

It's like that with Keanu.

Comment

Working...
                      X