Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulecki: Danny Jacobs Won't Ever Repeat Golovkin Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sulecki: Danny Jacobs Won't Ever Repeat Golovkin Performance

All Maciej Sulecki seems to hear and read about is Daniel Jacobs' commendable performance against Gennady Golovkin. Jacobs gained a lot of respect for giving Golovkin what to that point had been the most difficult fight of the unbeaten middleweight champion's career 13 months ago. Sulecki can't understand, however, why fans and media haven't been as critical of the way Jacobs boxed against Luis Arias and others.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So many exciting divisions bubbling away nicely. I can’t think of a division that doesn’t need a super series!

As for DJ’s creditable loss to GGG, I’m not sure why it keeps getting used as promotion for him. I think beating cancer is a better fight and it’s one that he won.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
      So many exciting divisions bubbling away nicely. I can’t think of a division that doesn’t need a super series!

As for DJ’s creditable loss to GGG, I’m not sure why it keeps getting used as promotion for him. I think beating cancer is a better fight and it’s one that he won.
      Yea I have no idea either. It was a tough fight but he clearly lost and was hurt more than once during the fight and I'm not even a GGG fan. Jacobs is a tough opponent that's why he gave GGG a tough time. However, I do hope Jacobs wins, he seems like a real stand up person and could probably have a career in commentating after boxing.

Comment

Yea what about his other performances that ended in knockout like all the ones he had leading up to the GGG fight I think it was about 8 in a row or something like that lol we'll see what happens come fight night.

Comment

Sulecki got a point.

Jacobs was on fckin fire and ready to die in there while Golovkin looked so so, still not enough to beat triple.
          Golovkin went harder on Nelo, more motivated but Nelo made him miss a lot.

Jacobs was himself so so versus Arias, sht come with the motivation/competition.

If Jacobs comes with that "Arias" state of mind he will be in trouble because I have a feeling that Sulecki can fight, even better at 160.

If he can take Jacobs punch, Jacobs will be in a tough one.

Sulecki's problem is he's lacking power, so he's not stopping DJ.

Comment

Sulecki is skinny, short reach and no power. How is he gonna win this fight? Serious question.

Comment

Originally posted by mabulkhair View Post
              Yea I have no idea either. It was a tough fight but he clearly lost and was hurt more than once during the fight and I'm not even a GGG fan. Jacobs is a tough opponent that's why he gave GGG a tough time. However, I do hope Jacobs wins, he seems like a real stand up person and could probably have a career in commentating after boxing.
              Good post. I agree. He lost his fight with GGG clearly. Seems like a prime example of where a guy exceeds expectations and all of a sudden people think he almost won. He gets way too much credit for his fight with GGG. And when people say he won it... that's laughable

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                Sulecki is skinny, short reach and no power. How is he gonna win this fight? Serious question.
                Sulecki beat the hell out of the guy Charlo fought last week, Hugo Centeno was beaten down.

Comment

Lol, Sulecki maybe right in that was Jacobs' best performances by far, but he is not gonna need it against him. BJS beat Akavov while being completely out of shape before starching Lemieux. Jacobs is gonna easily handle Sulecki even if he's not in the best shape. 5th round TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
                    Sulecki beat the hell out of the guy Charlo fought last week, Hugo Centeno was beaten down.
                    What is it good for if he can't lay anything on Jacobs because of his very short hands?

Comment

Working...
                    X