Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn good night of boxing tonight, anyone throwing any parties?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
    BostonGuy TBear

this is pure race baiting with a race filled agenda..He is literally the only person in this thread mentioning race
    rat ^.........

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Well who are you to really say if someone wants to sit down and have a party? It's not a big deal if that's what they want to do.

Lamont Peterson is a good fighter, he has proved that many times. It doesn't seem too long ago that Peterson gave Danny Garcia a very close fight.

To compare him to someone such as Willie Monroe that is what I'd call silly. They aren't comparable as fighters in regards to levels.

Like I said previously I don't think this is a bad fight. Obviously Spence is the favourite as he should be but Lamont is going to come to win and is very capable.

If Spence blows him out then I atleast will be impressed.
      i think u and hanz are missing what im trying to say, i said in a post you have already quoted im not comparing monroe and peterson neccesarily but the nature of those two fights (being mismatches, wide odds etc). yes you are right, obviously monroe doesnt have the same pedigree as peterson. i was simply comparing the two fights which i view to be uncompetitive therfore kind of uninteresting... which i think is funny to be excited about let alone throw a party

but you are right. who am i to judge..people can celebrate whatever they want. go right ahead, i have no say over that! lol

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley_ View Post
        i think u and hanz are missing what im trying to say, i said in a post you have already quoted im not comparing monroe and peterson neccesarily but the nature of those two fights (being mismatches, wide odds etc). yes you are right, obviously monroe doesnt have the same pedigree as peterson. i was simply comparing the two fights which i view to be uncompetitive therfore kind of uninteresting... which i think is funny to be excited about let alone throw a party

but you are right. who am i to judge..people can celebrate whatever they want. go right ahead, i have no say over that! lol
        I hear you, I see what you are saying but I would argue this fight isn't that much of a mismatch. Atleast not as wide as the odds suggest.

But odds aren't always accurate. Let's not forget that Mayweather-McGregor was close on the odds which is totally baffling considering THAT was a total mismatch.

But then you have fights such as Hopkins-Cloud which I considered a mismatch and extremely easy fight for Hopkins and the odds had Cloud the solid favourite.

But maybe I'm wrong. I think Peterson has earned more respect than to be such a heavy underdog but I guess we will find out later. I know I'll be watching with intrigue atleast.

Comment

Orgie at larry's? Wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I hear you, I see what you are saying but I would argue this fight isn't that much of a mismatch. Atleast not as wide as the odds suggest.

But odds aren't always accurate. Let's not forget that Mayweather-McGregor was close on the odds which is totally baffling considering THAT was a total mismatch.

But then you have fights such as Hopkins-Cloud which I considered a mismatch and extremely easy fight for Hopkins and the odds had Cloud the solid favourite.

But maybe I'm wrong. I think Peterson has earned more respect than to be such a heavy underdog but I guess we will find out later. I know I'll be watching with intrigue atleast.
            1/33 is about right, because hes got no chance whatsoever in my opinion. You could make a strong argument for peterson not having any good legitimate wins, diaz and khan were hugely controversial and he was busted for PEDs in the build up to the enforced khan rematch. Even so, he might have done well against khan but so did algieri and look what happened when he fought spence. I like spence but its going to annoy me tomorrow morning how people will be going crazy, acting shocked and shooting him up the pound for pound list when the inevitable happens and he demolishes peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I'm more excited for the UFC tonight (hell the Bellator fight isn't half bad for freakshow appeal with Rampage vs Sonnen) than boxing, but yea its a sit back & chill nite for fight fans.
              also rory macdonald vs lima should be great on belator

Comment

What time is this card airing? Gonna have to wake up early. Only thing that sucks about being stationed overseas

Comment

More excited to watch the HW UFC fight. Someone is getting concussed in that fight for sure lol

Comment

we haven't had any major names fight in a while so I am happy with this at least.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                      1/33 is about right, because hes got no chance whatsoever in my opinion. You could make a strong argument for peterson not having any good legitimate wins, diaz and khan were hugely controversial and he was busted for PEDs in the build up to the enforced khan rematch. Even so, he might have done well against khan but so did algieri and look what happened when he fought spence. I like spence but its going to annoy me tomorrow morning how people will be going crazy, acting shocked and shooting him up the pound for pound list when the inevitable happens and he demolishes peterson.
                      That's fair enough that's your opinion.

I disagree but we'll find out later

Comment

Working...
                      X