Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: ONLY WAY GUILLERMO RIGONDEAUX BECOMES A STAR IS IF FIDEL CASTRO CO-PROMOTES

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Oh Im just talking about that video where Arum says Donaire can't beat Rigo, Gamboa or Juanma. I think he mentions Garcia too.
    Oh he said that?
    Lol, he doesn't care who he disses...I bet as soon as Donaire looks like he's going to leave again, Arum is going to put those knees and jaw to work

Comment

Originally posted by The Hoff View Post
      timothy Bradley sells more tickets than Rigo, Lara, and Cantboa combined. Their only fans are the 5 cubans from BS. True Story.
      I don't know why but that made me laugh

Arum is a POS.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Oh he said that?
        Lol, he doesn't care who he disses...I bet as soon as Donaire looks like he's going to leave again, Arum is going to put those knees and jaw to work
        Yea it's been posted around here several times. I dont even know how to find it on YouTube.

Comment

How many people in the US are from Kazakhstan? There is a huge buzz around Golovkin right now. Sure he's a KO artist and that's a major part of it but guys like Gamboa could be the same. I'm just saying bob arum thinks only about race and nationality but the reality is Americans will embrace anyone if marketed correctly.

I admit though Rigondeaux doesn't have the style to become a huge star, just saying.

Comment

I think it may be too late to turn him into an icon , but among us boxings fans its definitely not too late to show his greatness to us.

Comment

Yea it's been posted around here several times. I dont even know how to find it on YouTube.
              Ehhh, must've missed it. I retain the weirdest info from this place

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                Oh he said that?
                Go to 01:15.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Boy you're on a role today pointing out the obvious. And fyi Pacquiao didn't speak English either when he got to the states. He needed a translator in the corner to translate Roach's instructions as well.
                  Yeah, but Pacquiao was what 23 years old? and learned English he was speaking English only a few years later so by the time he had a chance to be a star he could at least understand and speak it even though his accent is thick, Gamboa doesn't even try. Gamboa was on the world stage right off the bat too fighting on major networks, Gary Shaw should have hired him an tutor right away/ Gamboa was mishandled.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Every word of this is true. I'm just saying I think Gamboa is the only current Cuban fighter with the potential to become a real draw. But, as you point out, Yuri doesn't speak English, and his persona isn't necessarily marketable. He just has the raw ability. You have to start there, though. After all, you can have the most charismatic guy in the world, but if he sucks, nobody will watch him fight. And, by the way. "Attraction" is relative. I don't think for a moment Gamboa could be as big as Oscar or Tyson, even if he did speak English.
                    Could the reason Yuri and Rigo do not bother speaking English is because its a statement of loyalty to Castro and Cuba, is there any truth to this?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                      How many people in the US are from Kazakhstan? There is a huge buzz around Golovkin right now. Sure he's a KO artist and that's a major part of it but guys like Gamboa could be the same. I'm just saying bob arum thinks only about race and nationality but the reality is Americans will embrace anyone if marketed correctly.

I admit though Rigondeaux doesn't have the style to become a huge star, just saying.
                      Just a couple of questions, because I don't know all that much about Gennady. Does he speak any English? Is he personable? (He appears to be.) These are two important factors, as we've discussed. Another thing is, Golovkin is white (or is white in appearance). Perhaps most importantly of all, as you pointed out, GGG knocks people the fuck out on a regular basis.

All these factors can easily create a crossover star that doesn't need a natural fan-base. Even now, I don't think Gennady has a following outside the hardcore fans. Does he? Maybe he will after tonight....

Comment

Working...
                      X