This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
    Didn't Jupp also get them to the final when Chelsea won also? he left after winning the treble.. shame that Pep slowed down that side.. Robben and Ribery were scary

I think on paper/form City is the team to beat currently.. but i said that about PSG going into the last round.. Fenemno is right the likes of Madrid/Barca and co are so used to CL knockout stages.. experience will push them over the line more often then not.. perhaps nerves will get too city like they seem to PSG

I wasn't impressed by Barca.. but saying that no team has looked that great outside of City/PSG to me.. i haven't watched Bayern much though

Speaking of which Ancelotti is unemployed atm after Bayern? The guy even had Chelsea playing good football (100goals + in one season).. I wouldn't mind him if he's planning to stick around in football for 3-5 years
    I think Ancelotti is a bit old. Towards the end at Bayern weren't the players basically saying he had them running around cones? Lewandowski did anyway.

He gets credit at Chelsea and he deserves it. But even though we scored 100 goals in a league campaign and beat all our rivals both home and away - has that ever been done? Chelsea still only won it by a point. So it indicates that tactically he can face problems when the players aren't on it.

I think the football would be better but I doubt it would be a foregone conclusion that United would finish 2nd and pick up trophies with him.

I think you can throw a blanket over United, Liverpool, Spurs, and hopefully Chelsea when they stop being ******ed.

Question for Fenomeno - how much do you pay for your season ticket? I heard you can pick one up for £300.

I think I've spent more than that going to 3 Chelsea games this season.

It's weird that someone watching Ipswich town pays more to watch (apparently an average ticket price of £32) - I literally don't know a single one of their players - to a City fan who is watching Aguero, De Bruyne, Silva, and Sane.

It's why I don't understand Chelsea's need to spend a billion pounds on a stadium that gate money is pittance really. But Spurs and Arsenal will happily rip off fans. Chelsea aren't quite as bad but my OAP uncle could pick up 3 City season tickets for the cost of his one.

I don't know what Chelsea get out of a new big stadium. It won't make them a better team. Unless they sold the ground and moved to Surrey and spent a billion quid on new players.

If I was a Chelsea pitch owner I'd sell my share with the proviso they'd sell that prime real estate and move somewhere cheaper and buy Neymar or something.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-20-2018, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
      Squad for next season lads, just had it confirmed to me in a text from Jurgen.

Alisson

Alexander-Arnold Bailly VVD Robbo

Keita Kante Lemar

Salah Firmino Mane

Subs -

Karius
      Clyne
      Gomez
      Lovren
      Milner
      Ox
      Willian
      Werner

You guys jelly?
      Draxler as well mate, done deal according to my sources

Comment

• Bailly is the truth, he reminds me of a more elegant version of Maldini.

Comment

• Any actually good goalkeeper doesn't get duped by any goal Messi scored.

Every near post gets saved. The one he shot with a clusterfuck of people to the far side of goal; a competent GK would've saved that because they would've never guessed "hey, he's going to shoot into a clusterfuck of people".

The only sketch one is the Messi assist but even then... an actually good GK could have reflex saved that. It was at Big Nose's forehead. It would've been saved by Ederson.

Barcelona don't win that game in that fashion if even 2012 Cech is in goal. Big Nose is just that schit.

Take your pick of the goal in the 1st leg or Dembele's goal. Those are the only two that have a decent chance of going in but neither would be over 50% chance of being netted if an actually good keeper was sitting in net.

fucking Tim Howard would've saved those two. He would've got megged 3x though. Because he is also schit when it comes to easy saves.
          Last edited by F l i c k e r; 03-20-2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
            Honest opinions on the CL tie Roy?

I think you'll edge it at Anfield but we'll have a bit too much for you over the 2 legs. Won't be putting money on it like.

Fullbacks key to the tie. Can whoever plays RB for you keep Sane quiet for 180 mins? I'm aware of the Salah threat, not sure who out of Delph/Zinchenko/Danilo/Mendy(?) would play there to stop him. Delph went off after 10 mins of the league game at Anfield, feel like we would've been a lot more solid with him back there for the full game.

I say 5-3 City on agg. 4-1 at the Etihad.
            In all honesty, think you're gonna smash us over two legs tbh. Can't even see it being close.

You'll probably win it i reckon this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              Question for Fenomeno - how much do you pay for your season ticket? I heard you can pick one up for £300.
              £299 I've paid for the last 3 years since we built the new stand. You can pay over 10 months too so I barely notice the money leave my bank account.

Though that section of the stadium is the only one where STs are under £500 I think, existing ST holders were offered first dibs on moving there when the stand was first built. Think I'm gonna move back down to the bottom tier next year though (£600), full of **** where I am currently.

It is unbelievable value tbf. There's a big waiting list for STs now (one of my mates has been on it for 2 years) which is why it grates on people when there's still empty seats in the ground. Loads of people just buy a ST because it's cheap then only turn up to 5/6 games a season. Not sure what can be done about it.

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
              In all honesty, think you're gonna smash us over two legs tbh. Can't even see it being close.

You'll probably win it i reckon this year.
              Surprised you'd say that! You're definitely best equipped of the English sides to get a result against City.

Silva didn't play at Anfield either though, just remembered. That's a difference maker. Not sure what 3 you can put out in midfield to contain Fernandinho/KDB/Silva.

Bernardo Silva has to play over Sterling at Anfield too. Sterling has proved he can't handle the heat there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
                Bailly is the truth, he reminds me of a more elegant version of Maldini.
                LOL... there will be no defender more elegant than maldini

Comment

• Oh this thread. Never forget when Chelsea won the UCL Final in 2012 and I spammed this thread full of praise about the heroic performance of Ashley Cole, MOTM and his penalty pierced a hole in the net.

Great times,

Btw lads, do the follow posters still post here?

Horus, The King, 2501, Sincity, Kev(New York PR KID), RichLoc, WladOwns, Tunney, Silencer, Derranged, Squealpiggy, TCN® SOULJAH(Part of the Coalition Mayweather Group), Clegg, BattlingNelson, Sweet Pea 50, Left Hook Tua, Samauri(RIP), street bully, Mr. Fantastic, MexicanWarrior(Margarito Fan), Ch@mpBox@PR, Burner, JM1, JackDaRipper, THE REED™(The Boat Thread), LarryX, All the Filipions boys(Just too many to name and all my threads about Mindanao), All the UK Calzaghe fan

Kev/in(PR Kid in NY doing engineering), RichLoc, 2501, Lefthook Tua were my favourite posters,

Hope all is well lads,

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    I think Ancelotti is a bit old. Towards the end at Bayern weren't the players basically saying he had them running around cones? Lewandowski did anyway.

He gets credit at Chelsea and he deserves it. But even though we scored 100 goals in a league campaign and beat all our rivals both home and away - has that ever been done? Chelsea still only won it by a point. So it indicates that tactically he can face problems when the players aren't on it.

I think the football would be better but I doubt it would be a foregone conclusion that United would finish 2nd and pick up trophies with him.

I think you can throw a blanket over United, Liverpool, Spurs, and hopefully Chelsea when they stop being ******ed.

I think I've spent more than that going to 3 Chelsea games this season.

It's weird that someone watching Ipswich town pays more to watch (apparently an average ticket price of £32) - I literally don't know a single one of their players - to a City fan who is watching Aguero, De Bruyne, Silva, and Sane.

It's why I don't understand Chelsea's need to spend a billion pounds on a stadium that gate money is pittance really. But Spurs and Arsenal will happily rip off fans. Chelsea aren't quite as bad but my OAP uncle could pick up 3 City season tickets for the cost of his one.

I don't know what Chelsea get out of a new big stadium. It won't make them a better team. Unless they sold the ground and moved to Surrey and spent a billion quid on new players.

If I was a Chelsea pitch owner I'd sell my share with the proviso they'd sell that prime real estate and move somewhere cheaper and buy Neymar or something.
                    We moved from our spiritual home into a soulless toilet bowl because it would supposedly make us compete with the big clubs, but we're further away from them than we ever were at Highbury.

The only people who have benefited from our stadium are the board. They certainly aren't spending the money on players. We couldn't buy Johnny Evans because we didn't have the money ffs.

Comment

• Been looking at Bakayoko's statistics from Monaco to Chelsea. He's been playing at the same level he's been at Monaco.

The only significant stat change is his average duels won. At Monaco it was 55% with 3 defensive actions on average. At Chelsea it has dropped to 47% with 3 defensive actions on average. (Squawka)
                      His passing % has dropped by 1% from 87% to 86%. Defensive errors still 2 leading to goals from Monaco to Chelsea. Chances created: 12 at Chelsea, 15 at Monaco. 2 goals both leagues.

Compared him with some similar Prem players:
                      • He's better than Ramsay at everything besides shooting and chances created.
                      • Better than Henderson at everything besides chances created.
                      • Emre Can is essentially what Bakayoko would become if he got better. Can plays better than him at everything and his defensive contributions is equal to Bakayoko at Monaco with a much better 57% average duels won.
                      • Fernandinho blows Bakayoko away at EVERYTHING other than average duels won. 45% vs 47%. Errors are equal but Dinho has 4 defensive actions on average, 90% pass, 56% shot accuracy. Flat out better player.
                      • Pogba is better at the offensive side, wins more duels on average, less defensive actions but makes no errors. Offensively blows Bakayoko away.
                      • Dembele of Spurs is only better than him at pass accuracy %.

Statistics aren't everything to this game but what it can show is Bakayoko isn't playing different than before he came to Chelsea.

It may not be that he isn't good enough, he probably is. It's just that, at Chelsea, he doesn't improve the team with his ability. At least not in Conte's system.

He likely improves Arsenal, Spurs and in certain situations, Liverpool however.

Comment

Working...
                      X