Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How could Wilder & Joshua start boxing at age of 20 & be the Best HW's in the World?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    There's a reason why Heavyweights are never regarded as P4P best their skills $uck . Can You imagine a Heavyweight boxing like Lomachenko
    Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
      Muhammad Ali
      Putting it out there, Ali wouldnt be that skilled if he boxed exactly how he boxed at HW against LWs.

Better than maybe all other HWs? Sure. But he wasnt that skilled in comparison to greats in lower classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        Come on NE, do you still have the stomach for this argument after all these years

Ive seen you post this comment hundreds of times

on what planet are those things i mentioned not hugely important?

the sport was dominated by american talent. that american talent is recruited to play football and basketball and generating billions in revenue. now that that american talent is gone, the sport is garbage.

is deontay wilder unique? who is being naive here?

Comment

Larry Holmes started boxing when he was 19. Turned pro with a record of 19-3 from the Ams, then won the World championship at 27.

Joshua started boxing at 18, turned pro after a short am career and could win the title (with a win over Wilder this year) at 28.

Wilder started boxing at 19, turned pro after a short am career, and could win the world title at 32 (with a win over Joshua this year).
          To add to this...

Marciano started boxing in his early 20s, had a short am career, won the title at 29.

Joe Louis started boxing in his mid teens and had won the world title about 5 years later.

Mike Tyson didnt start late, but considering his insanely quick rise to the top he is also comparible. He started boxing at around 13-14, and had pieced together the title and basically cleaned out the division by the time he was 22.

This accellerated learning curve isnt that unusual in HW history

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            on what planet are those things i mentioned not hugely important?

the sport was dominated by american talent. that american talent is recruited to play football and basketball and generating billions in revenue. now that that american talent is gone, the sport is garbage.

is deontay wilder unique? who is being naive here?
            Ive been on this site for 10+ years. I dont need to do this again.

If you need to believe that a black alabamans genetics somehow relates to you then go ahead

Comment

I don't even consider these guys and the Klitschko's & Lewis HW's to me they are super heavy weights because of their sheer size. Other sports robbed us of the traditional heavyweight and the outsized guys have a chance to be the best because of it, not saying they aren't great fighters but damn it's almost like the 6 foot tall HW is pointless now.

Comment

Ive been on this site for 10+ years. I dont need to do this again.

If you need to believe that a black alabamans genetics somehow relates to you then go ahead

you don't need to get the truth spelled out for you very plainly, in a manner that even a british can understand?

Comment

you don't need to get the truth spelled out for you very plainly, in a manner that even a british can understand?
                  My grandads family are from Syria/Turkey, and as such represent one of the first areas that human beings left Africa and settled in.

Because of this, i am probably more closely related to Deontay Wilder than you are.

Genetics baby woo

I feel stronger already. Can even feel a "bombzquaaaad" coming on.

Comment

My grandads family are from Syria/Turkey, and as such represent one of the first areas that human beings left Africa and settled in.

Because of this, i am probably more closely related to Deontay Wilder than you are.

Genetics baby woo

I feel stronger already. Can even feel a "bombzquaaaad" coming on.

are you a refugee?

Comment

****, if i could play d1 and nail gorgeous girls and go to school for free instead of taking punches to the head, i would! that's an easy decision! these kids are steered toward the ncaa from a very, very young age.

i get why a tiny guy would box. he can't make it in other sports where size is at a premium. but there's no early reason for a talented, big athlete in the US to box. none. there are a myriad of opportunities to do other things that don't involve getting punched.
                      That's US, what's the explanation world wide?

Comment

Working...
                      X