Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sullivan Barrera: The Bravest Warrior or the Biggest Idiot in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sullivan Barrera: The Bravest Warrior or the Biggest Idiot in boxing?

The dude turned down a coming off of a loss and War torn Kovalev, he was supposed to be the one fighting Kovalev instead of Shabransky, but instead he turned down the fight for lesser pay in a much fresher and younger Dmitry Bivol, he took a gamble that Bivol was a hype job that he can expose instead of fighting a war torn veteran in Kovalev.

Idiotic move or it just makes him much more respectful?

Do you think he had a better chance against Kovalev? I don’t. And certainly not going into the Bivol fight. Sullivan obviously thought it was the better move, better chances. I don’t think it was either idiotic or brave.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      Do you think he had a better chance against Kovalev? I don’t. And certainly not going into the Bivol fight. Sullivan obviously thought it was the better move, better chances. I don’t think it was either idiotic or brave.
      I think so considering Kovalev was coming off of a loss and it was a title fight too.

Comment

He is both but the real problem is that he isnt that good.

A C level fighter at best i never thought much of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
          I think so considering Kovalev was coming off of a loss and it was a title fight too.
          20/20 hindsight. Not saying you didn’t think so, just that it’s easy to criticize Barrera’s choice now that he was owned by Bivol. Sullivan thought he could handle Bivol and go into a Kovalev fight on better terms. He was wrong. I thought it was risky, but understood the logic. Calculated risk gone wrong. It happens.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            He is both but the real problem is that he isnt that good.

A C level fighter at best i never thought much of him.
            Solid fighter. Fun to watch. Nothing special. Everybody can’t be the best.

Comment

Barrera would struggle much more with the power, but I think Barrera would have plenty of chance to land his own shots on Kovalev than Bivol.

Comment

Originally posted by Clenelo View Post
                Barrera would struggle much more with the power, but I think Barrera would have plenty of chance to land his own shots on Kovalev than Bivol.
                Perhaps. Then again, Kovalev might’ve just laid him out. Lol In the end, both fighters are better than Barrera. Sullivan would’ve earned more in a loss to “Krusher,” but he fancied his chances with Bivol better. *shrug*

Comment

No but he would of made more money on a bigger stage & it's more damaging to his image and career to lose every round and get knocked out V a prospect

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                    & it's more damaging to his image and career to lose every round and get knocked out V a prospect
                    barely anyone even watched the fight. and bivol is a 27 year old beltholder not a prospect. barrera will be fine beating the C guys in the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X