Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you personally determine P4P rankings?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you personally determine P4P rankings?

What factors do you include to make a P4P list? Rounds won? Quality of competition the fighter in question has faced in his weight classes? Whether the fighter's skills/physical abilities, such as speed and power stay consistent when they move up in weight?

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    What factors do you include to make a P4P list? Rounds won? Quality of competition the fighter in question has faced in his weight classes? Whether the fighter's skills/physical abilities, such as speed and power stay consistent when they move up in weight?
    you just make up some shlt. Thats how how the sanctioning bodies do it.

Comment

Level of Opponents, Performance, History, Divisional Championships, Boxing Skills

Comment

If everyone was the same size, who would win.

Comment

I go by how good I think the fighter is for his size in the weight class he currently competes in. How good he used to be in a different weight class means nothing to me. He could have been a great light heavyweight but if he is competing as a heavyweight and he is just an average heavyweight then I rate him as average. My pfp. rating is based on how good the fighter is now not how good he was a year or two ago. If a fighter moves up a weight class or more he has to prove himself all over again becaause it's pfp. and his weight is bigger and he must compete with bigger, harder hitting fighters. I had Donaire at #1 but Rigo knocked him out of that spot. I can't give Rigo the #1 spot yet on only 12 fights and one super win. I put Rigo at about #5 but if he backs the Donaire win with other good wins then he will soon be #1. Donaire drops to about #8 for his poor performance. If he moves up to 126 I have to see how he does at that weight before rating him.

Comment

By assessing skills, technique, and athletic abilities such as speed and power. Also asking, when appropriate, who beats who: this means Pac vs. Floyd, but not Ward vs. Broner. The top fighters are complete, well rounded, and do not rely exclusively on their size.

Resume plays a part, but somewhat secondary, as it is useful for assessing a boxer skill, but loses relevance as time goes by. Activeness and level of competition is key. You can't be p4p today, if you're banking on a dated performance. This is true in every sport, but I feel that the boxing stars often get a pass.

Lastly, P4P lists are subjective, but I do think that there is such a thing as a credible list.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitel Diamond
              Level of Opponents, Performance, History, Divisional Championships, Boxing Skills
              gud summary...nd activity level

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
              X