No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. comments on Pacquiao loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
    The truth hurts sometimes. This is nothing but the truth. Boxing had a villain in Mayweather so it produced an hero in Pacquiao. Gave him awards, favorable fights, new weight classes, costume belts... That wasn't right but Manny deserves to bounce back, his fans don't.
    It wasnt the truth though, just some typical Floyd nonsense. Classy on the whole, but he had to ruin it.

Comment

Nice words on the whole and what he said seems genuine. I don't care who you are, you don't want to see anyone in your sport laid out in that manner, it's not pleasant viewing.

He had one little dig as you would perhaps expect, but it wasn't anything major.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Nah, I can't read.
        ok at least you admit it ha ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Nice words on the whole and what he said seems genuine. I don't care who you are, you don't want to see anyone in your sport laid out in that manner, it's not pleasant viewing.

He had one little dig as you would perhaps expect, but it wasn't anything major.
          good post. I think the comment showed both sides of floyd- the boxing lifer who doesn't want to see a guy hurt, and the egomaniac that has to remind everyone who is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by chito View Post
            ok at least you admit it ha ha ha
            Ok at least you admit it ha ha ha ya dirty old...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              Ok at least you admit it ha ha ha ya dirty old...
              did you call yourself?

post your template petition in pinoy lounge if you're really up to it, lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                But it was a good thing that he was able to come into the sport, you know, piggyback off my name, and get a bunch of endorsement deals and make a good living. That's a great thing."

the guy ruined a nice gesture with one sentence.
                I was gaining respect for Floyd until that part lol

Comment

Pacquiao was a superstar before being connected to Floyd, but his popularity skyrocketed when people thought he had a legitimate shot to take down the arrogant Mayweather. America loves to root against the black guy and Pacquiao was the man to finally shut him up. He definitely benefited from the Mayweather connection whether you want to admit it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    He's saying it in a condescending and arrogant way but that's to be expected.
                    Lol very true. I don't think this interview was nice at all, and i'm a huge Floyd fan. It has a couple of jabs in there, especially the obvious one of piggybacking. I like the interview though.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                      It wasnt the truth though, just some typical Floyd nonsense. Classy on the whole, but he had to ruin it.
                      Floyd didn't ruin it. He gave the man his condolences.

Its not like they were friends. It was a professional courtesy basically.

But as even toned and kind as it was, it seemed more like a eulogy to me.

In fact that's exactly what it read like: One man giving some reflections and kind words with the departed.

Comment

Working...
                      X