Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone Agree, Pernell Whitaker Is Greater Than Chavez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone Agree, Pernell Whitaker Is Greater Than Chavez?

I think so, does everyone agree with my statment. If not explain?

I agree...

Comment

yep. I would agree too.

Comment

Nope, definitely not. Whitaker was a greater defensive fighter than Chavez, but when all things are taken into consideration, Chavez had a better record and he was a more complete fighter. Main difference is, Chavez HAD power. He also beat Meldrick Taylor, whom Whitaker either avoided or just never got to fight, but he should be glad he never did in Meldrick's prime. Chavez's prime was already at its end when he fought Sweet Pea. And as we know, it was a stylistic nightmare-matchup for JCC. His compatriot Ramirez beat Whitaker only because Whitaker for some reason refused to fight in that match.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
          Nope, definitely not. Whitaker was a greater defensive fighter than Chavez, but when all things are taken into consideration, Chavez had a better record and he was a more complete fighter. Main difference is, Chavez HAD power. He also beat Meldrick Taylor, whom Whitaker either avoided or just never got to fight, but he should be glad he never did in Meldrick's prime. Chavez's prime was already at its end when he fought Sweet Pea. And as we know, it was a stylistic nightmare-matchup for JCC. His compatriot Ramirez beat Whitaker only because Whitaker for some reason refused to fight in that match.
          No suprises here.

Remarkabley poor post.

Comment

I agree whole heartedly. Pea around 17, Chavez around 35.

Comment

For me Pea is definately the greater fighter and im big on Chavez.....

Comment

Completely agree.

Whitaker is in my top 15, Chavez barely top 25.

Comment

of course. Chavez was an outstanding fighter, but Whitaker just overall was flat out more accomplished, not to mention he beat Chavez when they fought.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    No suprises here.

Remarkabley poor post.
                    Yes, if you are a Pernellhugger that is. Fortunately I am not.

Comment

Working...
                    X